• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pop Fade Collection Jawbreaker w/stem swap

Ventruck

I am Jim Jannard...
Posted in the other thread saying I had to have them, now I do. Each to their own, but I find this is one of the few compelling colorways as of late.
20170704_201509.jpg

Swapped in the neon orange stems. I understand the original black ones were to contribute to the overall "fade" look, but purple (dark purple, at that) to black doesn't do much in my eyes
20170704_201549.jpg

Icon has a cool prismatic/jewel effect that I couldn't show due to lighting.

I'm almost certain Ruby Prizm could end up as the only Ruby. I wouldn't be surprised if Fire got axed as well because this does have a bit of an amber base that seems more tuned for functional contrast. In general you kinda feel like what you're seeing through matches the aesthetic... If that makes sense.

20170704_201657.jpg

Last edited:
Posted in the other thread saying I had to have them, now I do. Each to their own, but I find this is one of the few compelling colorways as of late.
View attachment 354144
Swapped in the neon orange stems. I understand the original black ones were to contribute to the overall "fade" look, but purple (dark purple, at that) to black doesn't do much in my eyes
View attachment 354143

I'm almost certain Ruby Prizm could end up as the only Ruby. I wouldn't be surprised if Fire got axed as well because this does have a bit of an amber base that seems more tuned for functional contrast. In general you kinda feel like what you're seeing through matches the aesthetic... If that makes sense.

View attachment 354142
Still looks pretty good. :)

View attachment 354144
View attachment 354143

View attachment 354142

Just found this thread and wow, I didn't like the Pop Fade before I saw yours but it's really a big difference with the orange stems!

Question: where did you get the orange stems? Are they from a custom built pair?

Just found this thread and wow, I didn't like the Pop Fade before I saw yours but it's really a big difference with the orange stems!

Question: where did you get the orange stems? Are they from a custom built pair?
You can buy them at the oakley vault store. I bought several different colors.

Back