• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pop Quiz: About Your Collection

1) How many glasses in your collection?
-42 at current

2) What was your first ever pair?
-Crystal Black/Black Iridium Frogskins (1997)

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment?
-E-wires. They were my 2nd pair after my friend crushed my Frogs. I wore them daily and are the oldest pair in my collection.

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most?
-X Metal XX, Plasma/Ice

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most?
-None of my friends understand my O-bsession. :sad:

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair?
-Half Jacket, Matte Black/Ice or Emerald

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not?
-Splice.

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you?
-Bring back the old X-Metals.

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation?
-Depends where i'm going. Typically Five Squared.

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'?
-Ichiro Suzuki, Carbon/OO Blue Iridium Polarized. Paid $200 Cash.
or
-White Camo Monster Dog. Paid $50 cash.

1. 7
2. XX black/ice iridium
3. the above mentioned XX, first love...
4. Gascan S brown text/tungsten
5. Fives 3.0 clear black/grey
6. Batwolf black-gold text/tungsten/red icons
7. Batwolf
8. Batwolf like the Troy Lee Fuel Cells, with violet iridium lens
9. Radar Path black/jade, Batwolf as 6., Half Jacket brown/+red
10. Half Jacket brown/+red plus h.i.persimmon extra lenses and hardcase , paid 120 Euro

40 and growing

1988 Mumbos

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment?
No emotional attachment, but a special pair would be my 24K X metal XX

All of my Xmetals and my aluminum hatchets

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most?
Friends think I spend WAY too much on sunglasses, Wife likes them all

No worries here, have an extra pair in every vehicle, but I switch out monthly

Can't really say, as there are a few....

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you?
I would fabricate a new design....... I got a few ideas...

Always bring 3-4 pairs....Depends on Where I am going and what the agenda will be....

All these were BNIB which I found from different Ebay sellers, vaults and a lonely garage sale over 3 years!!! Dark gray plate $40.00, Polished black with fire splice $40.00, Gen 1 Xmetal ruby juliet $100.00, polished black polarized radar/ polished white polarized red iridium radar $25.00 each!!!!

A bit of fun - I wonder if anyone has given thought to their sunglass collection in these categories . . . . . ?

1. Eight

2. One of the early (late 90's) Zero.

3. I generally don't own a pair long if I don't. I would say this though....if had to sell the collection, the XX 24K would go last even though I wear them the least for some reason.

4. Each question progressively harder. Uh....close between Juliets and Pit Boss.

5. None. Wife hates the collecting and doesn't like my sunglasses taste.

6. Rarely happens...I plan ahead usually, but my X Squared fits the bill. Polished Carbon with VR28 Pol. With red earsocks for some flash...nice all rounder.

7. Again, virtual tie between Pit Boss and Juliet

8. Tron Pit Boss with Ice Polarized and a Ducati Pit Boss but the orbital o Matter would be polished black, earstems o matter red, Anodized red icon,.....Ruby lenses

9. ALL of them. Then again I never go anywhere the little time off I do get

10. Boss gave me a second gen pair of Titanium Juliet frames. They were super tight...I just threw in Ice Polarized lenses and blue rubber for about $90

1) How many glasses in your collection? 70

2) What was your first ever pair? eye jacket fingerprint

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment? Troy Lee live or die

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most? Moto GP Plaintiff

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most? Nano 3.0

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair? Moto GP Plaintiff

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not? Nano wire series

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you? C-six carbon fiber lance armstrong version (just for the yellow)

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation? Use to be Nano 3.0 but retired them since oakley retired them now Plaintiff Moto GP

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'? traded a pair of basic frogs for a pair of over the tops

1) How many glasses in your collection? 70

2) What was your first ever pair? eye jacket fingerprint

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment? Troy Lee live or die

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most? Moto GP Plaintiff

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most? Nano 3.0

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair? Moto GP Plaintiff

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not? Nano wire series

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you? C-six carbon fiber lance armstrong version (just for the yellow)

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation? Use to be Nano 3.0 but retired them since oakley retired them now Plaintiff Moto GP

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'? traded a pair of basic frogs for a pair of over the tops

What's the Troy Lee Live or Die?

Nine and growing. Eleven if you count my wife's stuff.

A Square Wire with Silver frame and Ice Iridium lenses.

Three actually. The first being the Square Wire mentioned above. It was my first pair of Oakleys and one of my cats that passed away decided to chew on the lenses one day. Now his teeth marks are forever embedded on them and every time I look at them I remind myself that materialistic things mean nothing when loved ones pass away.

The second one would be my Juliet with Plasma frame and Emerald Iridium lenses. I scoured the Bay Area for them but they were sold out everywhere at the time. So while on vacation in Hawaii (my wife's first trip there) I found them and snatched them up immediately. Best pair of sunglasses I've ever bought. I'm so attached to them that when I had to send them in for a tune up I was going through withdrawal. LOL

The third would be my Crowbar JP Auclair Tokyo Subway Edition with Persimmon Lens. Like the Juliet, I scoured many miles and spent endless internet hours trying to find a pair to buy with no luck. Then one day we decided to go snowboarding at a somewhat local resort (crappy east coast ant hill) and saw them in the case. Snatched them up instantly. The reason why I love those so much is mainly due to the fact that the year before, my wife spent our makeshift honeymoon in Tokyo. I recall seeing the map of the JR Lines and thought "That would make an absolutely kick ass print." You could imagine my glee when I saw them on a pair of Oakley snowboard goggles. Being a snowboarder, it was like peanut butter and chocolate getting together for the first time.

4) Which pair do you think suit you the most?

Definitely the Juliet. The Square Whisker comes in second.

Juliet.

Depends. If I'm not wearing anything formal looking, it'd be the Juliet. If I'm wearing somewhat formal clothes then the Square Whisker.

Usually anything X-Metal related. The Pit Boss is hella sick too.

Probably the Pit Boss or the C 6 since I figure if it's my signature model, it'd be free and those things are EXPENSIVE.

Most likely the Juliet along with a more formal model and other ones that have different colorways. I like variety even on vacay.

At this point in time probably the Split Jacket using MyCokeRewards. $200 down to $118 is pretty nice.

Latest Posts

Back