• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pop Quiz: About Your Collection

1) How many glasses in your collection?
44 i believe plus 2 watches a timebomb 1 and a red minute machine

2) What was your first ever pair?
Pearl white/blue unobtanium/ anodized blue icons with ice irdium Minute 1.0

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment?
ya my minutes seeing as they where my first pair i dont wear them because my heads to big from them now

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most?
its a toss up between frogskins, romeo 1.0 and dispatch

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most?
my s/w montefrios or my dispatches moto gp or grapejuice

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair?
dispatch or juliets

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not?
i really like my over the tops and my eyeshades (and my newest edition pit boss)

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you?
c six because i live my life in a fast world and need the carbon fiber for the lightweight and motorsports

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation?
frogskins ,dispatch, juliet

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'?
hijinx splatter 25 bucks

Oh! Haha thanks. I actually don't collect those :(. I had a pair of Juliet's for awhile, but they never fit me that well. I think it's because I'm Asian...but yeah. I am planning on picking up some Half X's though. I know a lot of people don't like the Half X, but I think they're pretty sweet and the larger nose bombs help! It's weird...my Oakley collection first started with just Wireframes. Now I'm all about the O Matter.

Edit: I think the reason my GF doesn't wear her Oakley's as much is because of the Lens. Encounter has the Tortoise with Polarized Bronze, and the Encounter is some sort of black with a grey gradient. She's picky haha

Aw shame! well the HalfX is on its way to me, a review would be nice! Props for supporting the Asian fit, not many rock them but the knowledge should get out there. Im asian too (incase you havent noticed from my profile pic haha) but I fit most frames pretty well (large nosebombs usually required though). The Juliets were my daily pair till i got the romeo1's..

Re the female frames, Haha! yeah those arent the best lenses.. maybe get her some replacement Ruby iridium or Emerald lenses.. may just turn her around yet ;) The tortoise would rock if it had gold iridium lenses too

26 pairs
jet black half jacket with black iridium lenses
3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment?
my retina burn jawbones becuase they saved my eyes from a huge rock one time
frogskin or the holbrook
5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most?
holbrook
either a holbrook or some of my flak jackets
i really want a antifreez radar or frogskin but cant find them for a good price
8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you?
maybe some custom frogskins, and you could do some designs on the legs like they do with the fuel cells.
holbrook or radar or frogskin
my double wide display case that i got for $180

my double wide display case that i got for $180

Wow that is quite a deal. I saw a small metal case and a large 6' single case up on craigslist for $175 and $250 respectively. Unfortunately, they were gone within 24 hours.

yeah, i actually found mine on CL too. but the second i saw it, i called up the guy and told him i would be there tomorrow and sure enough it was in my room the next day:)

Haha very nice! I feel like I should've jumped on that single wide case. It was that or the Tron Gascan's. As a new collector, that was a difficult decision :(

A bit of fun - I wonder if anyone has given thought to their sunglass collection in these categories . . . . . ?

1) How many glasses in your collection? 4.... Still growing

2) What was your first ever pair? Minute

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment? Love my batwolfs my wife bought me just after we got married

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most? Batwolf

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most? Antix

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair? Ernesto fonseca antix or forsake

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not? Antix or oil rig

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you? A more squared off antix with some sort of blue,black and red design

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation?Last vacation I went on I took my forsake and came back with a batwolf aswell

fonseca antix

White/Text Oil Rig
Nope
Juliet
Oil Rig
Grey/Ice Iridium Batwolf
Medusa
Oakley/ Jeep, dunno what it would look like but I want it.
White Text Oil Rigs
Free Pair of Polorized Bottlecaps

16 plus 3 in the mail

Tortoise Fives

My M frames they have gone to Iraq twice and once to Afghanistan

My Gascans

They don't have a say

My Gascans

Gascans

Hospital Corpsman Fuel Cells or Gascans

Gascans and Radars

Oakley Minute I won on a bet against our interpreter in Iraq

Latest Posts

Back