• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pop Quiz: About Your Collection

Gotta love the 'Pop Quiz' thread.
I find it really interesting that others, like myself, have stories/memories etc attached to their glasses.

1) How many glasses in your collection?

2) What was your first ever pair?
1986 Blades

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment?
Not Really
4) Which pair do you think you suit the most?
Juliet
5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most?
XX Twenty
6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair?
XX Twenty
7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not?
Juliet
8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you?
Not Sure, Fairly happy with there offerings
9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation?
Monster Dog

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'?

As of right now 12 but it will be growing

my first pair was a pair of flak jackets xjl grey smoke and I believe black iridium lenses. I still have those today

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment?
I would say yes. It would eitherm be my transformers gas cans since I am such a big transformers freak I just love those glasses. But I gotta say I have a little bit of an attachment to my Jupiter camo frogskins. I have an attachment to those because when I saw them on the website I just loved them but it was a little late and they were sold out. So one day I was just walking in my local mall and a new Sunglass store had opened I had walked by just looking through the window and bam I laid my eyes on my first pair of frogskins.

I would have to say the frogskins.

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most?
Probably my frogs again

Easy I go for the batwolfs

Frogskins or M-frames/radars form anything active

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you?
I would just love the have a pair of moda3 frogskins. I just love the splatter but I don't have the money for those

probably my M-frames

My M-frames. I got them for 70 bucks brand new without box but with a case and microbag

Flipping through old posts, had to revive this one, its fun and it changes.

1) How many glasses in your collection?11

2) What was your first ever pair?Blades, second Blades, third Blades.

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment? My R1's I have had them for a long time, besides family heirlooms they are one of my oldest most used possessions.

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most? R1's

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most? Family has always thought I was crazy when it comes to buying Oakleys. When I was a kid, I sold my SNES to buy a pair of blades. I couldn't resist. Wife likes me in the Whisker.

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair? R'1s/Flak Jackets, they are in same spot and very accessible.

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not? Gotta say R1, but Blades run a close second.

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you? A full line of anodized R1. Mad amounts of different color ways and finishes.

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation? Scares me to absolute death to lose a metal pair on vacation. I will however bring one pair, usually XS, and back it up with a whisker.

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'? Pair of IH Juliets off CL for 175.00 and running a close second is retail on my R1s in 1997.

1) How many glasses in your collection? 42

2) What was your first ever pair? Gen 2 M Frames

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment? Tron Pitboss

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most? Fuel Cell

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most? Fuell Cell

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair? One of my pitbosses

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not? Pitboss :)

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you? Pitboss hahahahaha

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation? Usually at least a M-frame, Pitboss, Fuel Cell, Xmetal XX, R1, and one wire Frame

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'? Gen 2 Cobalt Mframe

Updated

1) 70
2) eye jacket (black w/black iridium)
3) new straight jacket
4) deviation
5) Holbrook
6) two face
7) Romeo
8) antifreeze Holbrook w/ black pol.
9) two face
10) IH split jacket for $9

Last edited:
Splice
No
Don't know
Don't know
I usually put out the pair I'm going to wear the next day so no specific pair
Can't narrow down to one
Can't decide, too many possibilities....
Whatever I feel like bringing
BNIB MPH Tangent off EBay for $17 shipped

1) How many glasses in your collection? 25

2) What was your first ever pair? Juliet Polished Fire

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment? My First Ever Penny XM 1st gen. because i paid double the amount.:mad-35:

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most? Romeo 1 and all X-metals apart from XS.

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most? Romeo 1 and Juliet

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair? My ever reliable whisker squared.

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not? Romeo 1

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you? Another Romeo 1 on gold plated and copper.

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation? Romeo 1, Juliet and Penny

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'? Splice not bargain but a fair price indeed.

) How many glasses in your collection? 11

2) What was your first ever pair? Original Fives Black/Gray

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment? First pair of Juliets XM/BI

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most? XS.

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most? XS

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair? XS Carbon/BI (Pattern forming here...) or Monster Dogs Crystal Black/BI

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not? Romeo 1

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you? Pit Boss1 Matte Black/Ice Iridium Polarised

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation? MD

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'? XX 24k that the seller thought was Juliets

Update:

As at today's date - 18th Sept 2013 - I have 70 pairs.

Thick A-Wire (Brushed with Black Iridium) back in the late 1990s. Still in my rotation, to wear with suits and formal occasions.

Probably still my Inmates. Wore them on my wedding day in Gibraltar, and honeymoon in southern Spain.

Any of my Hijinx.

Mrs H has a soft spot for Why 8.2 (Black Chrome/Black Iridium).

Originally, in Post #2, I said my Bruce Irons Hijinx. But ya know what - I really don't have a go-to pair any more. I spend WAAAAY too much time deciding which pair to wear each day - even when I'm in a hurry.

I originally said Romeo 1. It's still an awesome, game-changing design, in my view.
But now my Hijinx obsession has reached new heights (41 and counting), I can't leave that out of this question. I love the clean lines of the Jinx, big lenses, big square O. And fit me like a glove.

Probably still a full-on chrome Hijinx. Chrome FMJ frame, chrome icon, and Chrome Iridium lens. These days Doc Chop could probably knock one up for me in a heart-beat too.

Used to be the Splice - until I sold it. Now I tend to take the Inmate, and a few Jinx.

This answer stays about the same.
Cinder Red Oil Drum - bought originally for my wife for a bargain £50 from an Oakley retailer in Newcastle, UK. Then I decided that I suited them better, so they moved to my collection.
Romeo 1 (X-Metal/Black Iridium) - I didn't know it at the time, but Oakley was stopping production of this model. When I saw them in a store at £150, instead of the RRP of £250 at the time, I thought it must have been a mistake. Either way, I pulled out the credit card on the spot. I have since sold them.
OTT FMJ/Ice - £60 from a Vault, back in the early 2000s when they couldn't give them away. Since sold them, of course, cos they are actually quite disappointing.

Last edited:
Back