• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pop Quiz: About Your Collection

1) How many glasses in your collection?
52 as of this morning

2) What was your first ever pair?
First ever was a cheetah eye jacket. I don't typically recognize those (I was very young and got them from a friend) so I'd probably say electric mustard straight jackets.

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment?
Not glasses, but my black GMT has been my go-to watch through most of the major events of my life.

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most?
Pitboss

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most?
Spike (my wife insists)

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair?
Matte black jawbone.

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not?
Jawbone. I love the options.

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you?
A pitboss-esque X Metal

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation?
Jawbones.

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'?
Mag switch for $20.

1) How many glasses in your collection? 8 mens and 2 women's

2) What was your first ever pair? Iridium black on black A wires in around 2000/2001 ... i loved them SO much every time i lost them (twice) i'd buy a pair as soon as i could afford it

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment? My 'first' A Wires ... you always remember your first AND my Juliet's ... because they're the pair that really got my really aching for Oakley's

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most? It's hard to tell because every pair i've bought over the years seems to fit me well, i'd have to say Gascan S and Fives 3.0/Squared

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most? No idea

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair? Tungsten Flak Jackets

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not? Juliet

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you? Tron inspired Juliets, XX or XS

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation? Bronze five squared

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'? X metal small counter top case for 40$ (add another 30$ in extras to make it complete)

1) How many glasses in your collection? 15 and 4 for the wife

2) What was your first ever pair? X-Metal/Ruby Juliet, had to have it after seeing Xmen

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment? That would be my X-Metal/Ruby Juliets, I've had them since new and they now have JJ's signature

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most? Jupiter Factory Lite

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most? Not sure

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair? Jupiter Factory Lite, Dark Blue/BI

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not? Pitboss 1

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you? Full carbon Jupiter Factory Lite

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation? Juliets, JFL's

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'? I think that would be my single wide 3.0 black tower I got for $200

1) How many glasses in your collection? Not sure, somewhere around 150+

2) What was your first ever pair? Scelzi Monster Dogs

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment? not really

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most? R2

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most? R2

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair? R2

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not? Humm, Anything vintage. (Eye Jacket, Straight Jacket, Sub Zeros, Plate, Etc)

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you? Dont know.

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation? R2 and a beater pair

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'? N2T & Gen I M Frame black rain, $40 for both

currently 26
the first pair that i bought that i still own are clear w/ chrome holbrooks (now painted by Chop), first pair of Oakleys were black gascans from 2004(ish)
3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment?
i would say im most attached to my 1st gen frogs because they are the most historical piece i have
garage rocks
5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most?
holbrooks
gloss black/polarized garage rock or tortoise frogskin lx
my absolute favorite pair is the skate deck garage rock and murasaki and FMJ holbrooks
8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you?
old glory holbrooks would be amazing. so would snow deck garage rocks and a pair of the FMJ g-rocks
whatever pair i can handle parting with just in case
my 1st gen frogs.. paid very little for how much i use them

Polished Black Gascans
Nope
Monster Pup
Don't know
Polished Black/BI Monster Pup
Juliet - it is a beautiful design and its production longevity kind of supports that
I love the Dispatch but they are too big for me so I would love to see a Dispatch S. And don't tell me it is called a Montefrio. It is not. If Carrera can make a Champion Small then Oakley can follow suit! :)
MP or Fives Squared
A complete Stanley Donwood Jupiter at a Vault for $45.

Polished Black Gascans
My gascans cuz I've had them forever
Pitboss
No idea
6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair? Pit Boss
XX and Juliet but I guess XX cuz it fits my head better
I'd love you have a pair of C6's but they're wayyy tooo expensive
Gascans
Pit boss for $275

29, growing more quickly now than ever before.

Juliets, 1st generation with serial number. Still have them after having sold them to a friend and then re bought them after I started collecting seriously.
The Juliets. They were the first, I thought they were the coolest glasses ever, although I look absurd in them. And then the whole selling and getting back thing makes me like them a lot.
Holbrooks, which is why I continuosally buy them.
Again, Brooks
Holnrooks- Crystal black that I threw black iridium lenses in to.
Own- Max Fear Light Brooks, Don't own- Does a Medusa count? If not OTT's.
Medusa- some crazy colorway, reggae colors or something.
Matte Black +Red Brooks
$20 Propoganda Hijinx. Dad was working with a guy that won them as a door prize at a golf tourney. He said he didn't like the white and wanted to sell them. I was at work and got a message from my dad saying $20 Oakleys, I sent one back saying don't care what they are but yes! Got them and saw what they were, with box, bag, and pin and in perfect condition. Definitely best bargain I have gotten.

ah..... around 50+ i think.... but getting thinner as i was selling my omatter pairs to fund some of my grails....

Xsquared plasma with ice

My first pair (xsquared) coz it introduced me to the world of oakley and its the first "property" i bought with my first ever salary when i worked overseas.....

Pitboss

Wifey said pitboss (but she hates me for buying them)

Any of my Holbrook pairs....

Pitiboss and romeo 1

I want a c-six but will be waiting for c-seven....

A pair of juliets and a beater pair of holbrooks or jupiters....

I bought a polished penny and a romeo 2 that was hidden in an old sunglass store. they were cheap, mint and really loved them....

207 pairs

1st Gen Fives

Custom blended "Dr. Chop" Holbrook pairs

Monster Dog

Holbrook

Eye-Patch II

Trenchcoat

Hollow shelled Holbrook filled with Mercury

Eye-Patch II

Jordan Romeo 1 for $90

Latest Posts

Back