• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pop Quiz: About Your Collection

Herbsley

Steadily Retiring
Durham, UK
A bit of fun - I wonder if anyone has given thought to their sunglass collection in these categories . . . . . ?

1) How many glasses in your collection?

2) What was your first ever pair?

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment?

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most?

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most?

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair?

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not?

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you?

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation?

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'?

Here's mine . . . .

Currently 26. Looking for my 27th . . . .

Thick A-Wire (Brushed with Black Iridium) back in the late 1990s. I still love this pair, and as I wear all of my collection (except one) then it's still in my rotation!

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment?
Probably my Inmates. Wore them on my wedding day in Gibraltar, and honeymoon in southern Spain.

Any of my Hijinx.

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most?
My wife prefers me in Why 8.2 (Black Chrome/Black Iridium). Really classy looking sunglass on occasions when you are wearing a suit.

Bruce Irons Hijinx. I've swapped in a plain Grey lens - which is great for most light conditions.
You'll be sick of me banging on about Hijinx, but when I first saw the B. Irons edition spinning in 3D on the Oakley website prior to the UK Hijinx release, I was knocked out. Massive icons, super clean lines. Still the only model where I turned up at a store on the day of release and paid full retail price there and then.
I often joke that Oakley should have stopped designing sunglasses after they made the Hijinx.
Cynics would argue that, in fact, they did.
:smile:

I still love the Romeo 1 to be honest. Oakley should have kept this line running alongside the Juliet, in my view. Heavy, mind you. But an awesome, awesome, design.

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you?
Don't laugh - but imagine a full-on chrome Hijinx. Chrome FMJ frame, chrome icon, and Chrome Iridium lens. That, my friend, is the Herbsley Signature Edition.
Almost makes me want to take a spray can to a pair now . . . .

Strangely, it's my Splice. Cool, light weight, and really big grippy earsocks for hot sweaty days. Ideal.

A toss-up between . . .
Cinder Red Oil Drum - bought originally for my wife for a bargain £50 from an Oakley retailer in Newcastle, UK. Then I decided that I suited them better, so they moved to my collection! haha
Romeo 1 (X-Metal/Black Iridium) - I didn't know it at the time, but Oakley was stopping production of this model. When I saw them in a store at £150, instead of the RRP of £250 at the time, I thought it must have been a mistake. Either way, I pulled out the credit card on the spot and walked out a very happy man.

10 but 11 including my Chisel 2.0 Prescription glasses

A pair of polished black Bottlecaps I got as a present from highschool, I swapped out the lenses for fire iridium ones because they I remember thinking "Dang those look so cool"

My Flying Tiger Gascans my girl gave me before my first semester of college

Any of the Fuel Cells or Holbrook, but I don't add anything to my collection unless I can wear them.

The Fuel Cells or Holbrook

The Matte Black Holbrook or Ducati Fuel Cell or Moto GP Fuel Cell

I really like the Holbrooks and I want to try on a pair of Mars and if I can rock them I'll get them....they look too cool

A Matte Black or Polished Black Fuel Cell with a wing design around the logo with special lenses made for pilots and flying

One of the Fuel Cells or the Holbrook

Probably my new Fast Jackets, I originally bought a Split Jacket (Got $25 off with a gift card) but the lenses kept fogging up and when I went to exchange them the store just got some new Fast Jackets and I just had to pay an extra $20 for them.

4 pairs including the Hininx I ordered yesterday.

White/Text Oil Rigs

Not really.

My Antix fit awesome and just feel perfect.

I get the most positive comments on my Ducati Holbrooks due to the Ruby Iridium lenses.

Generally the Oil Rigs, mainly because I wear them while at work so they are not perfect, so I'm not afraid if to get them dirty.

I'd have to say Antix until I buy something I like better.

I'd ask for a Commonwealth Tortoise Frogskins frame with Bronze Polarized lenses.

I tend to take both my Oil Rigs and my Holbrooks.

I guess it would be the Germany Hijinx I bought from the Vault yesterday.

23 and counting..

Radar

My 1st pair of frogskins, and my text oilrigs

antix/oilrigs

My holbrooks, 24k/plsh black, sgh exclusive

Polished white hijinx, vl gold polarized, black icons

Holbrook/frogskin and all the artist series, really think the wow factor of all those pieces is awesome

A LIVERPOOL FC pair (for those who do not know they a soccer team in the uk)

About 5 pairs normally - Holbrook, oilrig, radar, dispatch, hijinx, and whatever I buy while im away..

My splice I recently picked up for ZAR300 (approx $40) Polished black FMJ Fire Iridium

I currently have 18 pairs but always looking for my next pair

Berry Dartboards

My first pair will always have a special place in my heart but I love my Gold Darts as they remind me of my wedding in Gibraltar and also my New Zero's as they have good holiday memories too

I love my Gold Darts and my Pink Dartboard L's

My husband likes my Rose Hinder

I like my Brown Conducts as a nice lightweight sunglass

There are so many nice women-specific glasses out there now it would be hard to choose.. I do have some fab ones in my collection tho (imho)

hmmm, I like Gold frames so something big and classy in gold I guess....

which PAIRS!! haha I usually take 4 or 5 different ones depending on where I am going etc. Conducts are a good lightweight holiday sunglass, as are Zero's, my Gold Darts are dressy and my Pearl White Eternal go well with sunshine :)

I seem to have been quite lucky with bargains tbh... I just recently picked up a pair of Dangerous for about £30, so I would say they are my most recent bargain buy.

1) How many glasses in your collection?25

2) What was your first ever pair? It was back in 97 I was working at a hand wash car wash while in high school and I had just gotten
paid and I got off work sweaty and smelly walked into the local Oakley dealer and dropped my whole $120 paycheck on the original
Straight jacket in metallic sand with gold iridium lenses. Sadly I don't have them anymore and I wish I still did.

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment? My orange jawbones I won in my first mtb race.

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most? My polished x squared with ruby

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most? My doesn't care lol

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair? Any of my x squares

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not? The second generation straight jackets with flames

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you? A new over the top with a full shield
Lense like the batwolf

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation? X squares

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'? My free Oakley single tower

okay let me give this a shot..

currently, 51 in the display case, with a couple more in transit.

in 2001, FMJ 5.56 Half Jackets, originally with Black Iridium lenses, but i bought Fire Iridium at the same time to swap them out.

toughie..if i must choose one, it would have to be the Flores 2.0. that was the pair that when i first laid eyes on it, i knew i had to have it. and that pair was the catalyst which prompted me to go out and complete the artist series range, which i managed to accomplish. =)

I would love to think any pair from the Frogskins/Jupiter/Holbrook line suits me, as they are my favs to wear.

The Mrs seems to think the SW FMJ Goldbrooks makes me look like a million bucks. so i have to go with that. ha!

Definitely my custom Splatter Matte Black Jupiter w/24ks.

no brainer. the Medusa. not as an item to use and wear, but to me, it symbolises what Oakley is(used to be?) abt. out of this world ideas, the guts to engineer something so insane, and pull it off. still hunting for a full set. that would indeed be my holy grail.

ha! anything nice and shiny would be nice. have this thing for all things 24k, so maybe a full-gold xmetal, perhaps a juliet? that would be suffice. =) would make me very happy indeed.

haven't been on vacation for a while, but i would have to say, either one of my custom splatter Jupiters would be first into the bag, followed by a Frog, most likely the Atmos w/black iridium, and lastly, the FMJ Goldbrook.

ha! with the crazy money i have spent thus far, hard to think of a bargain piece. but solely based on current market trend, i would say my #16 Petterson Frog. got them around the 700usd mark, and looking at how the last pair sold for 1.5k usd, and there's one on sale now for 2.5k usd. that's bargain enough for me. \m/

35....and growing
M-Frames, Metallic Blue & Ice that I still have
My Oil Rigs, White Text with Black Ird Etched
All of them, I wear them all but i would say my pit bosses fit me really well
I would have to say any of them really, but oil rig or radar, even my fast.
To hard to say since if there is a pair on the counter its those or really anything
I love the Frogskin, Holbrook, Oil Rig, Batwolf are all my favs
OTT-Matte Black with Ruby, any pair of Romeo 1, or a custom pair of frogskins made just for me
Depends on the length of the trip, usually 3-4 and it really depends, GasCan, Oil Rig, Radars, maybe a pair of frogskins
Have to be my Pit Boss, deal to good to be true haha

Oakley Radar livestrong with + red iridium path lens

My Oakley Radar Pink with yellow icons and earsocks, with fire iridium lenses. Won a big cycling race with them!

My Oakley Batwolfs with black iridium
5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most
Batwolf!

Oakley Holbrook shaun white.

Oakley Radar

Shiny gold Oakley radar. (like Samuel Sanchez was wearing during his victory in the tour de france)

Oakley Pit boss

Oakley radar black iridium polarized path lenses for 10 usd :D

Back