• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Portal X

Congratulations! Looks nice and with the black-grey orbitals, it strikingly resembles a Twoface as @QLR1 pointed out. The TF is one of my favourite lifestyle frames and I hope the portal X has a bit more wrap to the frame since it's marketed as a sportier pair. How's the comfort?
Thanks! These guys are extremely comfortable. Nice and snug but light. It's like they are a mix of a Mainlink and a Crossrange.

Got mine yesterday, and sadly they aren't keepers. I had high hopes for these, especially with all the positive feedback. The fit wasn't good (tried both nosepads - the only occasion I found it nice was when I tried them on without any nosepads!) The Dark Golf lens wasn't great either. If I had to choose a 20% VLT, unpolarized contrast lens, it would be the Snow Torch!

Got mine yesterday, and sadly they aren't keepers. I had high hopes for these, especially with all the positive feedback. The fit wasn't good (tried both nosepads - the only occasion I found it nice was when I tried them on without any nosepads!) The Dark Golf lens wasn't great either. If I had to choose a 20% VLT, unpolarized contrast lens, it would be the Snow Torch!
Do the Portal X come with 2 different sized nose pads? I had a pair and I think they only came with one pair of pads..

Do the Portal X come with 2 different sized nose pads? I had a pair and I think they only came with one pair of pads..
Mine did come with two different nosepads. Size wise, not much of a difference, but there was a difference in the quality of unobtainium, i.e., one was 'stickier' than the other, which I assume to be the sport set.

Mine did come with two different nosepads. Size wise, not much of a difference, but there was a difference in the quality of unobtainium, i.e., one was 'stickier' than the other, which I assume to be the sport set.
Thanks- is that the purpose of the 2 pads? one saddle nose-pad for sports, and a second one non-saddle nosepad for every day wear?

It used to be. Interestingly, all references to the interchangeable pads have all but vanished! Not just from from Oakley's pages but from SportRx videos. I very vividly recall SunglassRob specifically calling it out as a dual purpose Lifestyle/Sport pair that can be interchanged by swapping the nosepads. I hope it hasn't gone the Crossrange way, by removing the additional accessories.

I did find the below two videos showing the extra nosepad that it ships with: