• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pos. Red name origin

OldSchoolLurker

Oakley Expert
I’ve wondered this for a long time and am hoping there might be some insight here.

Where did the “positive” in pos. red iridium come from? As far as I know there are no other iridium’s with either a positive or negative identifier.

Maybe it just sounded cool? I believe black and blue iridium predate the red, so why not just use “red iridium” to follow suit?

Can’t wait to learn and hear your responses.

I’ve wondered this for a long time and am hoping there might be some insight here.

Where did the “positive” in pos. red iridium come from? As far as I know there are no other iridium’s with either a positive or negative identifier.

Maybe it just sounded cool? I believe black and blue iridium predate the red, so why not just use “red iridium” to follow suit?

There’s technically a -red iridium lens too

4A9A21AA-22E5-40F8-A968-22D7500A7847.jpeg

Red iridium existed and predates positive red by a year or two. A few of the first gen m frames came with red iridium. I think it was replaced with + red.

- red iridium is clear lens with + red iridium, so imagine ruby clear

Latest Posts

Back