• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Possible Deal For Romeo 2. Go For It?

Tunney Prime

Oakley Expert
Brownsville, TX
I have an opportunity to pick up some romeo 2's (x-metal frame w/ black iridium) with box, coin, & x-metal soft vault for $220. No scratches, only worn a few times. On a scale to "that's about what you'd get for them if you re-sold them" to "holy crap, buy them NOW!", what are your thoughts?

I would buy them without even thinking about it. if it is the x-metal frame and they are original lenses they should be black polarized. One of the more expensive pairs on ebay.

xmetal frame means black iridium POLARIZED if its a stock combo. in which case SNAG em. in fact, even if it wasnt polarised... SNAG EM. hell of a good price.

R2's go for around 300 all day long.. the Xmetal polarized is the most expensive of the lot. the Plasma Gold is the rarest.. (ive actually seen less of them than the Gary Scelzi Ltd Ed.)

I would buy them without even thinking about it. if it is the x-metal frame and they are original lenses they should be black polarized. One of the more expensive pairs on ebay.

nalon86: where in central PA? I grew up in Brookville (ex. 78 on rt. 80), which is more western PA, but not too far.

I am in Selinsgrove. It is about 45 minutes north of Harrisburg. I am not familiar with Brookville but I am sure I have driven past it. I drive on 80 to Pittsburgh several times a year so Im sure i have passed your exit.

the Plasma Gold is the rarest.. (ive actually seen less of them than the Gary Scelzi Ltd Ed.)

Yeah, try and find lenses for them... PITA!!! :sad:

I would say jump on them for sure. I love my R2's except for the huge scratch that is in the middle of the lens now... They are very comfortable to wear and feel very light given they aren't supposed to be much lighter than the others.

Yeah, try and find lenses for them... PITA!!! :sad:

I would say jump on them for sure. I love my R2's except for the huge scratch that is in the middle of the lens now... They are very comfortable to wear and feel very light given they aren't supposed to be much lighter than the others.

I really like Romeo 2's also. I know a lot of people do not like them but I think they are great.

Yup r2s are awesome. Their only downfall was the great expectation placed on them to live up to the boldness and innovation ofthe romeo1. The R2 is subtle and elegant, and takes a certain appreciation. The r1 on the other hand was a in your face, loud thing. Hence the "disappointment" in the r2...