• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Possible Fake Frogskins

lance.putnam.5

Oakley Beginner
A, A
Hey guys I picked up my first pair of frogs skins on ebay. I'm a little worried that they might be fake. I noticed on the right ear piece that they say japan. There are no serial numbers. Oakley is paint on the glasses. I contacted the seller about these and she said that they were made by oakley for a non profit organization.
From the seller
"without the consent from the CEO I cannot give you the name of the company. They travel the world helping people who are blind with surgeries and such. When I did my research to see what model these glasses were I couldn't find the exact match as ones that are for sale. That is why when I listed these there was no SKU number associated with them, I just described them to my best abilities and took as many photos as I could. These glasses were made for the company and wouldn't be normally sold for retail purposes. This was a way to get donations for the company, by selling these glasses."

What do you think?

( Oakley Frogskins Iridium Lens | eBay )

$(KGrHqJHJEMFBs(4c3S5BQiN)l3ClQ~~60_57.JPG
$T2eC16ZHJHEE9ny2sY0KBQiN)DofRw~~60_57.JPG

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say those are legit. 1st Gen frogskins were made in japan, had the "oakley" painted on, and had those metal hinges. Also, that is a very old school box and old school frogs had that "iridium scratches" warning.

Actually here is a legit pair of vintage frogskins, same one as you have. Ebay = 190749110691.

Looks the same to me.

Confirmed again Ebay = 120976481378

Good pickup on some vintage.

Think you'll find the reason for the SKU not matching is due to the fact that the box appears to be from a later model(possibly 2nd Gen). The first being the ubiquitous transparent type.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm still a little hesitant. They seem to feel somewhat cheap. I noticed that in 120976481378 there are not two metal spots from the hinge next to oakley. On mine there are. Any idea what is up what that? I can post my own pictures if that would help.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm still a little hesitant. They seem to feel somewhat cheap. I noticed that in 120976481378 there are not two metal spots from the hinge next to oakley. On mine there are. Any idea what is up what that? I can post my own pictures if that would help.

It's ok to be a little paranoid, but your frogs are legit man. Here is another link to a pair of vintage frogs and these have the two metal spots. Yours are first gen, the ones in that other auction maybe second gen. To be honest, all frogskins feel "cheap", they're just plastic :)

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-frogskins-exchange/11182-vintage-first-gen-frogskins.html

Latest Posts

Back