• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Possible Fake Frogskins

In the Aquatic Frogskins @ Shade Station thread there's a vid posted by SS and I'm sure that 'warreny' card is there.

I've just been to have a look at a large selection of our Oakleys and it seems that they all have the word 'Warrany' rather than warranty?! I presume that this is a spelling mistake made by Oakley as, of course, all of our stock is real.

Maybe you guys could have a look at your warranty cards? What do they say?

I've just been to have a look at a large selection of our Oakleys and it seems that they all have the word 'Warrany' rather than warranty?! I presume that this is a spelling mistake made by Oakley as, of course, all of our stock is real.

Maybe you guys could have a look at your warranty cards? What do they say?

There are at least two version of warranty cards I believe. Those with typo error are the cards with "Oakley" as the header and the corrected version has the "O" header.

Warranty.jpg

I saw today a LOT (at least 50) "warrany" cards and this was at HQ so I guess there was some huge misprint and when it gets that big it's cheaper to just let it go than reprint millions of those cards.

It does just look like a massive misprint to us too. We have been liasing with Oakley about this today and yesterday and we will keep you informed.

Nothing at all, I'm afraid. Seems that they are trying very hard to keep this quiet (obviously). I'll keep you informed as and when I have any updates, but I doubt we will ever get a complete resolution.

I wouldn't blame them. It's not that if people buy glasses and see these mistakes they are automatically going to think they are fakes.

I can confirm the warrany cards are legit! I had the same issue, emailed Oakley fraud and the confirmed that the warrany thing was normal and my gigs were real

Back