• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Possible Fake Question - Juliet Plasma, Ice Polarized 04-153

borgs

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone, I kinda need your expert opinion on something. I wanted to run these pics by you and ask if these 04-153 Juliets are authentic. It's from an eBay auction, seller has 100% feedback (but no selling record), no box/coin/paperwork included. What activated my skepticism was the fact that the "Polarized" etching didn't show in any of the photos (although, it can be attributed to lighting and shot angles), and the SKU wasn't on the stem (are there generations of this model that didn't have SKU's AND serial numbers?), and the 55 O 21 marking was in black (were they supposed to be etched, or at least in white?). Pics and actual link follows:

eBay_won_12.jpg

eBay_won_10.jpg

eBay_won_11.jpg

eBay_won_09.jpg

eBay_won_07.jpg

eBay_won_08.jpg

eBay_won_01.jpg

eBay_won_05.jpg

eBay_won_06.jpg

eBay_won_04.jpg

eBay_won_02.jpg

eBay_won_03.jpg

Oakley Juliet x Metal Titanium Plasma w Ice Blue Iridium Polarized Sunglasses | eBay

Thanks so much for the quick responses, xmetalmaniac and washi me sensie. 2 consistent opinions from 2 Oakley experts is a good sign. :)

So the 55 O 21 marking can stand alone without the SKU? and yes, I'm really having a hard time not getting paranoid about the lenses. I've browsed through all Ice Polarized photos on the internet (Flickr and eBay mostly) and some of them catch good light enough to show the etching, while some don't. I hope I didn't spread some of that paranoia to the seller when I asked for additional photos of the lenses and ear stems.

But you're sure? frames are legit? at this point, I'm happy to settle for that. I plan to stock up on extra OEM non-polarized lenses anyway.

Thanks so much for the quick responses, xmetalmaniac and washi me sensie. 2 consistent opinions from 2 Oakley experts is a good sign. :)

So the 55 O 21 marking can stand alone without the SKU? and yes, I'm really having a hard time not getting paranoid about the lenses. I've browsed through all Ice Polarized photos on the internet (Flickr and eBay mostly) and some of them catch good light enough to show the etching, while some don't. I hope I didn't spread some of that paranoia to the seller when I asked for additional photos of the lenses and ear stems.

But you're sure? frames are legit? at this point, I'm happy to settle for that. I plan to stock up on extra OEM non-polarized lenses anyway.

like what xmetalmaniac said, im also not sure that the lenses attached are OEM bro.. it seems they are aftermarket lenses. but frames are legit!! goodluck and enjoy the community!

I agree. Frame is OEM, but lenses may not be. I have a few Juliets that I compared with the pictures you posted. Ask the seller if the lenses are OEM (for the rare possibility that they might have been custom cut from OEM donor lenses). Good luck!

like what xmetalmaniac said, im also not sure that the lenses attached are OEM bro.. it seems they are aftermarket lenses. but frames are legit!! goodluck and enjoy the community!

Thanks washi me sensie, knowing that the frames are legit is alright for me for now. I just wished the seller disclosed the information on the lenses in the auction description. Default assumption was that everything was OEM when a post like that is made.

I agree. Frame is OEM, but lenses may not be. I have a few Juliets that I compared with the pictures you posted. Ask the seller if the lenses are OEM (for the rare possibility that they might have been custom cut from OEM donor lenses). Good luck!

Hi reginacarmelitas, thanks so much for going out of your way to check your Juliets vs the photos I posted. So it's really possible to have just the 55 O 21 without the SKU? I'm not sure if it's too much trouble for you, but are you able to post a pic of the stem of a frame in your collection that looks similar to the Juliet I'm asking about, showing the 55 O 21 marking? if it's too troublesome, nevermind. Your response was helpful enough.

I concur on the legitimacy of the frames, lenses are exovista though

Wow, thanks so much THE X-MAN. I read a lot about you in this community and they've all been good things. It meant a lot having your input regarding my concern. I'm also really glad that you approve of the legitimacy of the frames. That peace of mind is priceless. About the lenses, I guess I shouldn't have dismissed my initial observation that the blue tint slightly changed colors under yellow light. My Ice Iridium lenses from my vintage wiretap never did that under the same yellow lighting. Now I don't know how to approach this problem with the seller. She hasn't even responded to my request for additional photos.

Just echoing what others have said, all I buy is polarized lenses, and I can confirm that these are not OEM lenses. The word Polarized would have shown up in those pictures.

Back