• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Possibly Fake Supremes

While we're here..
Is this pair fake too?

$_57.JPG

I assumed so because of the microfiber bag's red stitching and white bead closure.

It's hard to tell with Frogskins these days, some of the factories are knocking out 1:1 copies (usually the same factory on a different shift). Some are made in other local Chinese factories but the copied mould is slightly wrong as with one pair in this thread and they look a little off.

I'm tempted to stick my neck out and say every pair I've seen in this thread is fake or unauthorized which shows you how saturated the Frogskins market has become, unfortunately there is often no way to tell until you inspect the lens quality on non polarized frogs, this is often the only giveaway in my experience. The frames themselves I wouldn't be able to tell often on some 1:1 copies and I've handled thousands of pairs of frogs. It's the non polarized lens quality that is very difficult for even the best to get their hands on or replicate.

A few of the replacement lenses that are for sale on eBay have changed the shape on a pair of my anti-freeze. So that's almost what I would think, it Almost warped them a little. Have you popped out the lenses? Here is the only pic I have left below before I sold them and you can tell they look kinda warped like those. (anti-freeze)
Now i know to never use non oakley lenses. Thank you lol, and @Frogskins i think yours are legit. If you can find someone that has a pair and do a mock comparison via photos if you arent near them, then youd be able to determine a little bit more. Seeing a blue pair of supremes for sale these days are very far and few between and to replicate that color seems kinda tough in comparison to the more obvious and easier generic pairs out there.

While we're here..
Is this pair fake too?

$_57.JPG

I assumed so because of the microfiber bag's red stitching and white bead closure.
These are real 100% the different color bead means it's just a different release. Supreme released the royal blue, white, white city, and the red first and then they released the gold and chrome version. The first 4 came with a bag with a black or clear bead and same for the gold and chrome
image.jpg

It's hard to tell with Frogskins these days, some of the factories are knocking out 1:1 copies (usually the same factory on a different shift). Some are made in other local Chinese factories but the copied mould is slightly wrong as with one pair in this thread and they look a little off.

I'm tempted to stick my neck out and say every pair I've seen in this thread is fake or unauthorized which shows you how saturated the Frogskins market has become, unfortunately there is often no way to tell until you inspect the lens quality on non polarized frogs, this is often the only giveaway in my experience. The frames themselves I wouldn't be able to tell often on some 1:1 copies and I've handled thousands of pairs of frogs. It's the non polarized lens quality that is very difficult for even the best to get their hands on or replicate.
I know my 1000000% mine are real Thanks! bought mine when they first came out.

While we're here..
Is this pair fake too?

$_57.JPG

While we're here..
Is this pair fake too?

$_57.JPG

Genuine example, I doubt fakes in general go to the extent of reproducing the boxes, paperwork, microbags etc, all the pieces in this pic look 100% correct. If the glasses appear hard to determine authenticity you can often make an assessment by way of the accompanying packaging.

We now have the DeFacto Oakley expert on board.

Thank goodness someone here knows what their talking about...

I know my 1000000% mine are real Thanks! bought mine when they first came out.

Like I say, very very hard (almost impossible) to tell unless I got my hands on them. For what it's worth, since the merger and shifting most production to China, I would never say anything is 10000% authentic, hell I wouldn't even say 99% sure something is authentic and that includes my own vast, vast collection. I know someone who was involved in the design of a pair of glasses in the elite range for example and was duped into buying an unauthentic pair to add to his collection that HE designed. It's a crazy world these days guys.

Genuine example, I doubt fakes in general go to the extent of reproducing the boxes, paperwork, microbags etc, all the pieces in this pic look 100% correct. If the glasses appear hard to determine authenticity you can often make an assessment by way of the accompanying packaging.

You would be absolutely amazed the extent the counterfeiters are stretching to in terms of reproduction. I don't know if anyone remembers about the misprint of 'Warranty' as 'Warreny' I think it was on some of the paperwork. This was a genuine mistake on the authentic booklets. Sometime last year when I was still working at Lux there was a big seizure of unlicensed Oakley and RB stuff, the counterfeiters had gone to the trouble to re-create the spelling mistake on the paperwork. They will go to all the small details.

Romeo, great collection by the way, I've heard about your collection from a couple of people that directed me to these forums, it's not even unnoticed by a few Oakley employees. I think you are just down the road from me in the UK as well.

Latest Posts

Back