• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Post LASIK Halo/glare Reduction?

mellman

Oakley Beginner
VA
So I had LASIK about 3 weeks ago, and so far I have absolutely loved it! I CAN SEE and not only that, I can wear my oakley's all they time :)

I was curious about what lenses others may have purchased in order to reduce halo/starbursts at night. I have flipped on my polarized lenses while riding shotgun and it seems to reduce it...but it also makes it too dark to comfortably drive. Do the clear lenses work for this? persimmon? i have a pair of HI Yellows but they seem to make headlights too bright.

I searched, but the only relevant thread was quite old, and was not related to LASIK specific halo/starbursts.

Cheers!

I've had LASIK surgery more than 10 years ago and I've heard of other people who have the halo problems but I've never experienced them at all.

I don't even recall experiencing it during my first year post op.

I've had family members also have LASIK and they also have not had halo issues but some friends have. Those friends actually wear no type of eye protection/enhancement during the nighttime hours.

Sorry I was pretty much zero help but as a fellow LASIK person figured I'd let you at least know what I know.

yeah I had minor halo/starbursts prior to surgery...so I somewhat expected to have it after. Some say it goes away after 6 months...i don't expect it to, i believe it has to do with my large pupils, at night they expand to larger than the LASIK corrected area. I even had the "wavefront custom vue LASIK" which is supposed to reduce those effects, but meh...

Just curious. Did the halos get better or worse after LASIK?

I know I had very very bad vision and nasty astigmatism prior to LASIK. I'm clueless as to medical stuff but maybe with the extent of LASIK I needed could that be why I don't suffer from halos?

Two different types of laser eye surgery, PRK and LASIK... Perhaps one causes halos more than the other? I am not eligible at this time because my corneas are too thin, go figure. I've been wearing contacts since the 6th grade so I can wear my O's at all times.

Just curious. Did the halos get better or worse after LASIK?

I know I had very very bad vision and nasty astigmatism prior to LASIK. I'm clueless as to medical stuff but maybe with the extent of LASIK I needed could that be why I don't suffer from halos?

halos got worse, which since they're a normal side-effect i was planning on that. I didn't have a bad astigmatism. I think LASIK causes worse halo-ing than PRK since PRK has no flap its just treating the cornea, and not using a flap (people with thin corneas get PRK not LASIK)

halos got worse, which since they're a normal side-effect i was planning on that. I didn't have a bad astigmatism. I think LASIK causes worse halo-ing than PRK since PRK has no flap its just treating the cornea, and not using a flap (people with thin corneas get PRK not LASIK)

I guess I got lucky? No halos for me at all.

lucky indeed...oh well, i'm shooting better than i was pre-lasik, and i can wear my o's all the time without dealing with my contacts...i couldn't be happier with the results!

lucky indeed...oh well, i'm shooting better than i was pre-lasik, and i can wear my o's all the time without dealing with my contacts...i couldn't be happier with the results!

That's the key. That you're happy. I was amazed the next morning when I woke up and I could see without putting anything in my eyes. :)

Back