• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Post Office Troubles

From my experience USPS does a great job and we ship about 300 packages a day with them. Just because a seller gives you a tracking number doesn't mean that they have turned the package over to USPS yet.

Didn't read all the posts, but this sounds spot on. I have had sellers tell me they shipped it, they dropped it off at the PO, than later tell me they will drop it of tmro morning...after they all ready told me they dropped it off, an so on. I'm sure things get congested at the PO with the holidays and such, but for the most part...they do a fine job. They are not FedEx...FedEx around me is great, and UPS just got a whole lot better with the new software they are using. UPS actually sends me a notice via email if I am getting a package the following day. I think that since most of the world is starting to do more and more shopping on line, we are starting to see major improvements in general. But yeah...I caught a few people lie to me and tell me they dropped things off to be shipped, than tell me they didn't make it to the PO and will ship it tomorrow...than something else happens and there is another delay. Pictures help...you are not technically allowed to take pictures in the PO from what I was told, but when sending out high value items, I take a quick snap shot of the item sitting on the scale at the PO, I even take a pic or the receipt. I sell lots of posters and art on eBay, and if I sell a high value item...I take a picture of the item, the picture of the item at the PO, and a picture of the receipt and send it to them...as well as the insurance receipt if one is asked for.

Seller said he dropped off the lackage on the 19th. Today is the 22nd. My post office records still show that the tracking info was sent to them electronically. Which leads me to believe that all of this was a scam by this forum member that everyone seems to trust and give such great feedback.

We'll see. The waiting is worse that sitting through a really bad movie just to find out how it ends.

We'll see. The waiting is worse that sitting through a really bad movie just to find out how it ends.
Channing Tatum gets his head blown off in the end.
OOPS Spoiler Alert...
And it was a great movie!

6aa49df1c5d0330d36ea642685d361552061279e6ba943095266a3af6a620f0d.jpg
Channing Tatum gets his head blown off in the end.
OOPS Spoiler Alert...
And it was a great movie!

I wish I could offer sympathy but unfortunately when you agree to F&F you're sleeping in a bed of your own making. It just isn't worth it. If a seller insists on F&F, insist on a new G&S price that covers the fees over the F&F price. There's no reason not to agree to that unless they "aim to misbehave"...

But I too have also had people lie about an item being shipped when all they did was print a label, but eventually got around to shipping it later. It took like over a week with one guy, who's been called out a number of times for related shenanigans though those posts / threads keep getting mod-deleted.

Regardless, hope it all works out.

I wish I could offer sympathy but unfortunately when you agree to F&F you're sleeping in a bed of your own making. It just isn't worth it. If a seller insists on F&F, insist on a new G&S price that covers the fees over the F&F price. There's no reason not to agree to that unless they "aim to misbehave"...

But I too have also had people lie about an item being shipped when all they did was print a label, but eventually got around to shipping it later. It took like over a week with one guy, who's been called out a number of times for related shenanigans though those posts / threads keep getting mod-deleted.

Regardless, hope it all works out.
Spoken like a father.

Latest Posts

Back