• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Post Pictures Of Your Knives And Sunglasses

Timascus billets..................Not a knife.........................yet.

Got some new materials in for the next folder I’m making. So far I’m only as far as the rough drawing, going with a timascus show side, stone washed titanium opposite side with a timascus clip on the stone washed side. Blade will be in armored core damascus with a compound chisel grind, hollow grind on the belly and a sorta hybrid sabre grind on the tip. Other than the drawing I’ve just been practicing the compound grind on some mild steel chunks before I start working with some nasty expensive material. Next step will be to prototype it outa plastic to make sure all the mechanics work with stop pin and pivot placement. Unfortunately with the work schedule this may be a few months out or more before it’s done.

View attachment 603038 View attachment 603037

Very nice! Will you be selling the knives crafted from these billets?

9438B3BC-9799-44D3-A61B-61B95C7D7823.jpeg
2BD139BF-0F63-41D1-A87A-EA7F5CA31F8C.jpeg
CAD18E4A-A175-4226-846F-913BC9D274E2.jpeg

Timascus billets..................Not a knife.........................yet.

Got some new materials in for the next folder I’m making. So far I’m only as far as the rough drawing, going with a timascus show side, stone washed titanium opposite side with a timascus clip on the stone washed side. Blade will be in armored core damascus with a compound chisel grind, hollow grind on the belly and a sorta hybrid sabre grind on the tip. Other than the drawing I’ve just been practicing the compound grind on some mild steel chunks before I start working with some nasty expensive material. Next step will be to prototype it outa plastic to make sure all the mechanics work with stop pin and pivot placement. Unfortunately with the work schedule this may be a few months out or more before it’s done.

View attachment 603038 View attachment 603037

Can’t wait to see the finished product. Wow!

EFBED3D4-83CF-4682-A313-EFB6953D5A3D.jpeg
E7926D68-F5D6-4F8F-939A-47B0283C0A2E.jpeg
The only ones that have it on the body like this have been the SA OTFs with the push button. As far as I’m aware this is the first DA OTF from Microtech like this. My thumb slipped the first time I tried to fire it. I also noticed that the knife can never lay flat because the switch is on one side and the clip is on the other side. I know clip can be removed, but I prefer having it. It’s a sexy little knife in any case. We’ll see what they do next.

One of the things that I love about the Infidel is that the switch slides up and down with a lot less force than the Microtech OTF’s. And The switch and scales have a really good solid grip. I’ve also got really big hands, so the Infidel feels more natural to open and close.
I never remove the clips from my knives either. I’ve got to have the clip.
EFBED3D4-83CF-4682-A313-EFB6953D5A3D.jpeg
E7926D68-F5D6-4F8F-939A-47B0283C0A2E.jpeg

View attachment 603071 View attachment 603072

One of the things that I love about the Infidel is that the switch slides up and down with a lot less force than the Microtech OTF’s. And The switch and scales have a really good solid grip. I’ve also got really big hands, so the Infidel feels more natural to open and close.
I never remove the clips from my knives either. I’ve got to have the clip.
View attachment 603071 View attachment 603072

Very nice. I have fired the infidel, and as you mentioned, the action is a bit smoother.

Back