• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

post your OAKLEY Face !!!!

What's your favourite OAKLEY ?

• Total voters
Oh hell no. Luxottica isnt a good word around here and raybans suck
I second that. Ray bans have lost their charm, as compared to how they used to be when they were manufactured by B & L back in the days. I only carry around their 2140 classic wayfarers since I think of it as a cool design.
But aren't most eyewears , including oakley, manufactured by Luxottica these days?
Except for a few ones like American opticals , Randolph Engineering & Maui jim, most other brands, that are not owned by Luxottica, are lesser known around the world.

Last edited:
I second that. Ray bans have lost their charm, as compared to how they used to be when they were manufactured by B & L back in the days. I only carry around their 2140 classic wayfarers since I think of it as a cool design.
But aren't most eyewears , including oakley, manufactured by Luxottica these days?
Except for a few ones like American opticals , Randolph Engineering & Maui jim, most other brands, that are not owned by Luxottica, are lesser known around the world.

Yes and most of us on here hate luxottica for buying oakley because they have ruined it

Yes and most of us on here hate luxottica for buying oakley because they have ruined it
I don't want to sound like an ass kisser here, but I happened to order a pair of AO and later on an RE, directly from their respective official websites. They shipped it to India in a few day's time and I found the quality of the frames and glasses to be top notch. I believe " Made in America" had a lot to do with it. Those frames are made like a tank and that too at a pretty decent price range.
Out sourcing is only done for cheap labour and bigger profit margins.
But I must say I am totally digging the prizm lenses on my oakley, especially during my early morning motorcycle ride.

But they dont make stuff like this anymore......

oakley book.jpg

The frames are still built well but they have lost all of their crazy design they used to have

Back