• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Potential eBay scam on some C-Six's

That first pen is pretty sexy.
That's my Pelikan M640 Special Edition Mount Everest.

Used that one for my wedding. The embossing around the barrel is a topographical map of Mount Everest. The nib is 18K gold, with a western medium point that was tuned by Mike Masuyama.

Noooooo.....

81bdbaa70455c007e0f09e81188313b4.gif

Used that one for my wedding. The embossing around the barrel is a topographical map of Mount Everest. The nib is 18K gold, with a western medium point that was tuned by Mike Masuyama.
Great description and story.

See, this is the stuff that send me down a new rabbit hole. Have you no consideration for my wallet?!

See, this is the stuff that send me down a new rabbit hole. Have you no consideration for my wallet?!
No consideration at all... don't even get me started on the vintage stuff which is where my real love is (Especially since you can get it cheaper than the modern stuff, and it's still 14K gold in the nibs). My concentration is between 1920s to 1950s (with some branch over into 1960s).

huBy3Oz.jpg

tN3ScFr.jpg

And also got a couple others since then, including this nice big boy from the 1930s, a Sheaffer W.A.S.P. Clipper with a #7 12K nib. (in between the 1920s Sheaffer Balance Vac-Fil with the Pearl Flakes, and the 1960s Sheaffer Imperial IV in Blue)

SjsPEi8.jpg

No consideration at all... don't even get me started on the vintage stuff which is where my real love is (Especially since you can get it cheaper than the modern stuff, and it's still 14K gold in the nibs). My concentration is between 1920s to 1950s (with some branch over into 1960s).

View attachment 902407

View attachment 902408
And also got a couple others since then, including this nice big boy from the 1930s, a Sheaffer W.A.S.P. Clipper with a #7 12K nib. (in between the 1920s Sheaffer Balance Vac-Fil with the Pearl Flakes, and the 1960s Sheaffer Imperial IV in Blue)

View attachment 902409
What did that Everest cost?

What did that Everest cost?
It was second hand thru a forum like this, with the box and all, was a 'steal' at under 300 as he was trying to sell off a bit.

The M640 Special Edition is part of the "World Wonders" series where they're themed after natural wonders. There are other designs like Sahara, and Niagara Falls (which I'd love to get one day). Their prices vary if you can still find them.

To try to find a Mount Everest one now would probably cost you between 600 to 900 depending on how hard the seller is trying to be.

Some limited/special editions don't appreciate as well. For example I have this Aurora Afrika LE (under 2,000, but "limited" goes up to 7,500). Aurora Afrika Limited Edition | Nibs

covCYxN.jpg

But you can typically find them for half that around 400-ish on the used market (more if you can get the original box and original bottle of ink).

Latest Posts

Back