• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Powerhouse fleece collared jacket

It arrived today. Overall I like it. Right size, right weight. Actually surprisingly warm for its weight. The waffle weave is pretty subtle, which is good. Soft and comfortable. Neat smartphone sleeve inside the left pocket. Nice zipper pull design.

My minor nitpicks are with the collar - the back of the collar could be a little higher, while the front right corner has this extra fabric flap (protects your chin from the zipper when fully zipped) that adds weight and causes that corner to flap around a bit. Just a matter of getting used to it.

Also, the pulls on the pocket zippers have a tendency to flip up and catch your hands when you stick them in the pockets. But they're rubber so they don't scratch anything.

I'll post a pic wearing it in the WOAYWT thread and one of it not being worn in the WDYBT(FTSS) thread...

It arrived today. Overall I like it. Right size, right weight. Actually surprisingly warm for its weight. The waffle weave is pretty subtle, which is good. Soft and comfortable. Neat smartphone sleeve inside the left pocket. Nice zipper pull design.

My minor nitpicks are with the collar - the back of the collar could be a little higher, while the front right corner has this extra fabric flap (protects your chin from the zipper when fully zipped) that adds weight and causes that corner to flap around a bit. Just a matter of getting used to it.

Also, the pulls on the pocket zippers have a tendency to flip up and catch your hands when you stick them in the pockets. But they're rubber so they don't scratch anything.

I'll post a pic wearing it in the WOAYWT thread and one of it not being worn in the WDYBT(FTSS) thread...
I knew you would like it. :D

I have been on the fence on ordering this jacket for the past week. The reason is because the color and the not so great pictures showing the differences in the color choices.

Can someone show me or explain how these differ from Graphite and Jet Black in the Powerhouse Jacket?

Thanks!

I have been on the fence on ordering this jacket for the past week. The reason is because the color and the not so great pictures showing the differences in the color choices.

Can someone show me or explain how these differ from Graphite and Jet Black in the Powerhouse Jacket?

Thanks!

The pictures on the website show black for both color choices; it doesn't show the right color for graphite. Graphite is a monotone dark grey. You can see a real-life pic of Powerhouse in graphite here:

What Did You Buy Today (for The Smaller Stuff) | Page 165 | Oakley Forum

The pictures on the website show black for both color choices; it doesn't show the right color for graphite. Graphite is a monotone dark grey. You can see a real-life pic of Powerhouse in graphite here:

What Did You Buy Today (for The Smaller Stuff) | Page 165 | Oakley Forum

Good looking! I wish I could see an actual side by side in the same lighting. But this is the next best thing. I figured those pics couldn't actually be correct on the oakley.com site.

@$61/jacket I might just order both. Does Oakley do free return shipping? Might be a way to negotiate w the wifey.

Good looking! I wish I could see an actual side by side in the same lighting. But this is the next best thing. I figured those pics couldn't actually be correct on the oakley.com site.

@$61/jacket I might just order both. Does Oakley do free return shipping? Might be a way to negotiate w the wifey.

For the most part I've been pretty happy with it. It's cheaper now than when I bought it the other week.

I don't know if they do free return shipping but I doubt it.

Why ship it back when you can return it to the store?

Well,
Why ship it back when you can return it to the store?

Well, my nearest store is a Vault and it's about 3 hours 1 way.

... Wait, there's an O store in Indy but it's been years and years since I have visited downtown Indy and Circle Centre Mall. I have no idea where it's at there in the mall. Anyone know?

But good idea! Maybe we can make a trip down to Indy some weekend coming up.

I did order both today on the way to work. Free 1 day shipping too!

Hope you enjoy them. I haven't had any additional criticisms since my first impressions but I have noticed a couple of other nice details...

Here are a couple of pics of them side by side finally...

First with a flash:
hi7M8rC.jpg

Without Flash:
5S4wAdr.jpg

Jet Black - Graphite

Back