• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Precision machined spinning tops...the latest trend!

It was based on a wheel/tire rim. The standard material combos will be $200 plus shipping and sell on Indiegogo. The exotics will range up to $500 and be sold on the BilletSPIN website or SUS (sign up sale), depending on quantity made.

Thanks.

I think I'm done with exotics from Billetspin. Just too frustrating trying to land one, and I was disappointed with the etching job on my damascus K2. Standard materials from now on - easier to get, cheaper, and I know what to expect.

Though flamed SS is still an option. The flamed brass/bronze/copper look nice but I do occasionally polish off the patina on those materials and that'd remove the flaming, IIRC.

There should be new exotics for the Matrix that he hasn't done before. Flame colored Damasteel (rather than etched), Zircuti, Zirconium, etc.

Matrix #9, Timascus / Bluetongue Damasteel / SS.

18664324_10156052777643238_7065677893857627311_n.jpg

My matrix arrived yesterday, Br/SS/Cu. Colorway was selected based on balance with the rest of my collection.

Very nicely done, but the brass was much paler in color than expected, much paler than his stock pics. Doesn't give quite the contrast with the SS I was hoping for. Perhaps it will darken with patina. Spins quite well.

Mine:

20170606_141652.jpg

20170606_141724.jpg

His stock pics, for comparison:

matrix1stock.jpg

matrix2stock.jpg

Back