• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deal Prescription Frame and Lens deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Recently needed a new set of glasses (RX) and saw some on our board. Went to a local Optometrist and they happened to have a Voltage Ferrari frames. Tried it on and GF said they looked good on me.

One of our local lens cutters (@Chris A Hardaway ) was also a eye doctor so i thought i would ask him a few questions. (ok.. almost 5 pages long and at some point i am sure he was like.. damn!!!) lol..

he was able to help me decide on the various lenses and coatings. On getting progressive lenses vs bi-focals. one pair for daily and a reading pair (or a different prescription for the computer).

So here is part of what i wanted to share. Having a big head didn't help. (TWSS) (Sorry Frank). and the frames i wanted were out of stock until later in the month.. so we decided on the frame. I went to numerous locations locally to get pricing on my specific prescription and they all were like double chris's pricing!

Chris already had given me a idea on what his charge was to me and i was glad that he knew what lens worked with what Oakley frames.

He helped me take a few selfies with present glasses also took a picture with a ruler so he could see how far apart my eyes were.. (or something like that).

Bottom line: if you need some new Rx glasses and if the frames are or arent Oakley, hit chris up. He has a acutal business and you get like a 60 day return on the lenses and the frames if they are in the same class..

For those of us who are blind as a bat you really should give it a shot.
You really owe to your pocketbook and once i called him at work.. wealth of knowledge on glasses/lenses!!

I got them in like 2 days once he got the frames in!!

thanks

Some people reacted to this post.
That's great news and a great pickup for you also.

:)

I'm honored you thought of me in your comment too. ;)

Sent from my pedestal where I just got off my high horse

Brother Great news and thanks for sharing. I will definitely will give Chris a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back