• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription frame for basketball

In order to answer you, you need to give more details like:
- Shape of your Head
- Your RX
- Clear, dark o. photochromic?
- Budget you are willing to spend
- What frame without RX lenses you like best atm.

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight..

My head is oval shape..
My rx is 1.75 and 1.5 with slight astigmatism.
I just need clear clens.

I have lots of sports frames like fast jacket, jawbone, split jacket and radar/m frames available which are my options. The shield lenses perhaps needs some clip on lenses. Not sure which is best for playing basketball though.

But definitely not paying anywhere near 500 euros..

Thanks for the insight..

My head is oval shape..
I just need clear clens.

I have lots of sports frames like fast jacket, jawbone, split jacket and radar/m frames available which are my options. The shield lenses perhaps needs some clip on lenses. Not sure which is best for playing basketball though.

If you don’t insist on Oakley lenses you can probably get some Lenses much cheaper.
1,75 a. 1,5 is not much. So any of your double lens frame should work.
Not sure if a Lenscrafter is able to do a Radar a. M Frame.

Thanks for the insight..

My head is oval shape..
I just need clear clens.

I'd consider doing something straight forward like the Flak 2.0XL in a color like matte black, satin light steel, or white. With clear lenses. Just be sure to ask your optician to make sure lens edge has a "safety bevel" on it. So they can't cut your cheek w impact.

Back