• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription Frogskins help

Lownwide

Oakley Beginner
Hey all,

I've recently purchased new lenses for my custom Frogskins but with my prescription. All looked good when they were delivered to the optician but whilst sat on a beach using them in anger for the first time I noticed they had engravings about ⅔ the way up each lens. The engravings are the Oakley O and OTD. I've sent pictures to Oakley support but they say that's just how they are. I'm surprised that they would have 2 engravings per lens that are visible (feels like there's a greasy smudge on the lens) plus the O in the bottom left lens.

Before I kick up a bit of a stink with Oakley, has anyone else experienced this? Maybe I'm being a bit sensitive as I'm used to perfectly clear optics from them? If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate hearing them.

Thanks,

Lee

Yeah, should have thought of that. Very difficult to photograph as they are really hard to see in some lights but there are two on each lens, one either side (one near the nosepiece and one below the hinge area)
IMG_20220615_182415.jpg
IMG_20220615_182453.jpg

It's with Oakley Support at the moment but they seem to be saying that it's not a defect and all prescription lenses have this!

I have several prescription Oakleys and they all have the O in the lower left corner and nothing else. I purchased all of them from oakley.com. I would keep pushing them. If you go to the site and add Rx lenses to Frogskins the lenses only have the O in the lower left corner. There's nowhere on the website that you'll find OTD on any photos of lenses...

Thanks for the confirmation, I've fired an email back saying that none of my other Oakley glasses or prescription sunnies have OTD stamped in the lens. The normal O is on the outside bottom left but all these in the eyeline are just wrong I'm sure.

I'll update once I hear back from them!

Thanks for the confirmation, I've fired an email back saying that none of my other Oakley glasses or prescription sunnies have OTD stamped in the lens. The normal O is on the outside bottom left but all these in the eyeline are just wrong I'm sure.

I'll update once I hear back from them!
Is this pair single vision or progressive?

They are 100% normal. In fact, I'm almost glad that they have these "ghost watermarks" in the lenses. I guess it's Oakley's way of ensuring that these are in fact, 100% authentic lenses.

rx-ghost-o-jpg.jpg

Here is my Fuel Cell (Rust Decay Frames with Fire Iridium Polarized Lenses)
I have the exact same ghost marks on my lenses. In fact, ALL my Rx lenses from Oakley have them.
So, don't fret brother, you're good!

They are 100% normal. In fact, I'm almost glad that they have these "ghost watermarks" in the lenses. I guess it's Oakley's way of ensuring that these are in fact, 100% authentic lenses.

View attachment 970665

Here is my Fuel Cell (Rust Decay Frames with Fire Iridium Polarized Lenses)
I have the exact same ghost marks on my lenses. In fact, ALL my Rx lenses from Oakley have them.
So, don't fret brother, you're good!
Authentic, but still a manufacturing mistake that I would make them replace!

You can contact them and see what they say. I'd be interested to see if they can remove them or not, or if it's just part of the package. Keep up posted!

Authentic, but still a manufacturing mistake that I would make them replace!
Those markings indicate where the progressive lens transitions to reading for the optician to check the segment height. I think they put them on single vision lenses too though. Not sure why

Back