• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription Half Jacket XLJ

trippledigitss

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Just wanted to share some photos of these prescription lenses @Chris A Hardaway made for me about a month or so ago.

I use these half jackets as my shooting glasses and I prefer the Persimmons lenses because it makes the fluorescent color of the targets really stand out. But I needed something in the RX to help me see the clay targets a little more clearly. So I contacted Mr. Hardaway and he made these beautiful custom-made lenses which are very similar to Persimmons but they have all kinds of special space-age ninja $#!t and anti-reflective coating that basically just looks bad@$$!!

Just sent in my prescription and my frames and he sent me back these beauties within a couple of days. The prescription is perfect and these glasses turned out 10 times better than I would have expected! Thanks Chris!
20190728_142912.jpg
20190728_142931.jpg
20190728_143007.jpg
20190728_143030.jpg
20190728_143054.jpg

The 1.0 XLJ for the win!

I'm glad you are enjoying them and tagging me. I'll always take on work that I can guarantee.

If I can't do it I'll straight up let people know.

These have almost a H.I. Persimmon, H.I. Yellow look to them.

Just wanted to share some photos of these prescription lenses @Chris A Hardaway made for me about a month or so ago.

I use these half jackets as my shooting glasses and I prefer the Persimmons lenses because it makes the fluorescent color of the targets really stand out. But I needed something in the RX to help me see the clay targets a little more clearly. So I contacted Mr. Hardaway and he made these beautiful custom-made lenses which are very similar to Persimmons but they have all kinds of special space-age ninja $#!t and anti-reflective coating that basically just looks bad@$$!!

Just sent in my prescription and my frames and he sent me back these beauties within a couple of days. The prescription is perfect and these glasses turned out 10 times better than I would have expected! Thanks Chris!
View attachment 638035View attachment 638036View attachment 638037View attachment 638038View attachment 638039
I'm still in love with these.

Dude me too! That's crazy, I was just talking about these today with the guys in the WhatsApp group. I usually don't wear them and it's been a couple of months since I've been out shooting.

But I've been wearing them all weekend while we were out of town. I was using them for driving and they're great. Even at night time they work great. And I was wearing them out today when we were hiking out in the snow. Excellent tint, just like ski goggles.

But they are so clear and so much more comfortable than my carbon plates. The prescription is perfect! Plus the plates always get smudged in the corner of the lenses from my eyebrows or something. That doesn't happen with these. They are so light and comfortable, I love them! I want to keep wearing them on a regular basis!

Last edited:
Dude me too! That's crazy, I was just talking about these today with the guys in the WhatsApp group. I usually don't wear them and it's been a couple of months since I've been out shooting.

But I've been wearing them all weekend while we were out of town. I was using them for driving and they're great. Even at night time they work great. And I was wearing them out today when we were hiking out in the snow. Excellent tint, just like ski goggles.

But they are so clear and so much more comfortable than my carbon plates. The prescription is perfect! Plus the plates always get smudged in the corner of the lenses for my eyebrows or something. That doesn't happen with these. They are so light and comfortable, I love them! I want to keep wearing them on a regular basis!
Not sure how I stumbled upon this thread again. But I'm glad you are using them more again. I think if not shooting, winter weather is gonna be great in those! Enjoy. Thanks again for the purchase.

This is from earlier today at Skyline Lake Trail on Stevens Pass here in WA. Also had to see how the blue Dillons did in the snow!😁
20191215_134047.jpg
20191215_140442.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure how I stumbled upon this thread again. But I'm glad you are using them more again. I think if not shooting, winter weather is gonna be great in those! Enjoy. Thanks again for the purchase.
Yeah definitely, I'm absolutely going to wear them more and they were great today in the snow. I got to get with you soon for another prescription project. Maybe something in a progressive. Just not sure what yet. Thanks again brother these are a masterpiece!

Back