• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription Lens Company Question for Flak Jacket XLJ's

Darkmatter

Oakley Beginner
I have decided that after being a little annoyed with having to put my contacts in every time I wake up in the morning and especially if I plan on driving anywhere that I would like to finally get myself a decent pair of regular prescription glasses again.
The thing is I have tried on everything that are available at several eye Doctor offices and all of them look and feel retarded on me.

My absolute favorite pair of Oakley's in my collection are my Matte Black Flak Jacket XLJ's.

I have been reading up on the internet and came across a company that make prescription lens which are made specifically for the Flak Jacket XLJ's and I think they look great.

I do not want the transition versions as they are way too expensive and I just never cared for transitions anyway and found a pretty popular company online called Saltcityoptics.com where I can get their prescription lens which are "Prescription Clear Polycarbonate with A/R" for $184.00

To me this is a decent deal but will have to read up on what "A/R" is supposed to mean..."Anti reflective" perhaps?

Again these will be clear colored but that is the look I am going for. This will also be perfect for me on biking days when I do not need any darker lens as I use a set of clear ones anyway many times I go biking .

Has anyone heard I this company before and does anyone know what A/R is?
I am near sighted only and just recently had my eyes checked out and can give them my new eyewear prescription.

I think the Flak Jacket XLJ's will look perfect on me as a regular set of glasses as I have a somewhat big head and the Flak's almost look like a small pair of regular glasses on me as they are.

Thanks in Advance. :)

Last edited:
AR is definitely Anti-Reflective.

As for the company I looked at it and it looks to me like they are an Oakley account and would actually have the lenses done by the Oakley Lab.

As for the pricing it looks about right for what you would pay for this pair going through any Authorized Oakley dealer.

Last edited:
You wouldnt want transitions if you want them for driving anyway. Transition lenses are activated by UV radiation, and car windshields block most of UV, so they would stay clear.

Latest Posts

Back