• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription lenses above the strength that you can purchase on Oakley.com

Good question.

Oakley uses total power as setting their limit in what can get genuine Oakley lenses. So it sounds like your -3.75 sphere and -1.75 cylinder are from different eyes... Point being you are under -5.50 total power I'm guessing in your worst eye (-3.75 + -1.75).

Let me know what sunglasses you are considering. I'd say the smaller the better... Also if you're sphere is (-) and your cylinder is (-) then you have more options (non Oakley) if your Axis is between 0-30° or 150-180°. This is called "with the rule astigmatism.

I'm at home now, so I don't have the Rx range charts. But I can tell you yes or no on your favorite frames tomorrow. -4.00 is where many frames Max out with "total power"... But non-Oakley Rx should be able to be done in many frames (if about turbine, gauge 8 L, or double edge, as those are large and will give u thick lenses).
They're actually in the same eye; the eye with the -3.75 SPH is my left (OS) with a CYL of -1.75; my OD measurement is -1.00 SPH and -1.50 CYL, by comparison.

As for your next question... I'm trying to see if it's feasible to make these numbers work in Juliets or Pennys :D It might be dicey, but worth a shot to ask. Thanks for the answer either way, though! It's much appreciated, believe me.

Back