• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription lenses above the strength that you can purchase on Oakley.com

nagg_21

Oakley Beginner
Hello all,

I am looking to purchase a new pair of sunglasses and also regular eyeglasses. I have terrible eyesight (-8 and -7.5) and unfortunately for the Holbrooks (and every other frame), I cannot purchase them on Oakley.com with my prescription strength. I was wondering if I can purchase my frames on Oakleysi.com to get that sweet discount then bring them somewhere to get lenses made? Who do you guys recommend for that?

You also can take any Oakley frame to a the eye doctor to have regular proscription sunglasses installed, it sucks it won’t be Oakley but they do have polorized lenses you can buy

A -8.00 will not be good on a 6 base curve or most sunglasses. I'd really consider contact lenses for sunny days.

Also the Holbrook Ophthalmic frame could be a good option however, they are slightly smaller. Size 54-18 is the smaller size.

Go find one to try on them if it works go Rx that at your local optometrist. Good luck!

I'm looking into that too. Can't find a list of RX frames sizes online. my current rx is 53-18-145 and can't seem to find 18 bridge Oakley for rx sport running

Back