• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription Lenses for old Frames?

KaM

Oakley Beginner
New member so apologies if this has been asked before.

I have a pair of Mars Jordans and Penny's (chrome & copper) that I love and still wear.

Unfortunately my eye sight is getting worse and I can see this being a problem for me in the next few years.

I know Oakley wont make lenses for these frames anymore, let alone prescription lenses.

Does anyone know of any 3rd party company that will make custom prescription lenses?

I live in the UK but travel to the States a few times a year (New York, Florida, Vegas).

Thanks for any help :)

Any eye doctor can make prescription lenses for Pennys and Mars, they can be pricey depending on the lenses you want, as long as the original lenses are in your glasses, it's well worth it! Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum.

May I kindly suggest laser surgery? It's well worth the cost and you don't have to worry about prescriptions for each pair. :)

Wow, two fast and helpful responses. I don't think that's ever happened in the history of the internet ;)

I've checked with a few local opticians and they'd all rather sell me new frames and lenses then cut my existing sunglass lenses, but I'll keep asking around.

Laser eye surgery is a good option. However I am a huge coward and the thought of it freaks me out a little, though I think the pain of not wearing my Mars Jordan's ever again would be greater.

Wow, two fast and helpful responses. I don't think that's ever happened in the history of the internet ;)

I've checked with a few local opticians and they'd all rather sell me new frames and lenses then cut my existing sunglass lenses, but I'll keep asking around.

Laser eye surgery is a good option. However I am a huge coward and the thought of it freaks me out a little, though I think the pain of not wearing my Mars Jordan's ever again would be greater.
Look into laser surgery.....there is nothing to be afraid of. It may look scary but it's not and you will be happier when it is done.

My brother had it done a few years ago, there was no problems and his eye sight is great now.

But knowing what they do still freasks me out. Guess I need to just get over it. It'll be cheaper in the long run I guess...

My brother had it done a few years ago, there was no problems and his eye sight is great now.

But knowing what they do still freasks me out. Guess I need to just get over it. It'll be cheaper in the long run I guess...
Have you seen the procedure done? It's pretty sickening if you have a queasy stomach but pretty cool if you like freaky stuff like that. ;)

I know lots of people who have had it done and they've never been happier. :)

But you know. Your brother had it done. ;)

I know Oakley wont make lenses for these frames anymore, let alone prescription lenses.
I have been ordering prescription lenses from Oakley USA for many years, and Oakley USA has always been happy to make prescription lenses for any of my Oakley frames, no matter how old the frames. I was just on the phone with them last week confirming that they could make prescription lenses for my Juliets.
If you could find a way to call Oakley's prescription department in Europe directly, you may find that Oakley will make prescription lenses for your frames.
Beginning earlier this year, Oakley USA started adding an optician to the staff of each O Store, so Oakley's O Stores can handle Oakley prescription orders. I don't know what the situation is in the UK, though.

Hi there,

I can confirm that we can glaze Juliet's, XX and Penny's (sorry nto Mars) through the lab so as long as your prescription is within the manufacturing tolerances your local authorized Oakley optician can handle the order for you, if you are anywhere near London our Flagship O-Store in Covent Garden can also handle the order for you.

Regards,

Mark

Latest Posts

Back