• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MerrimanLyon

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Seattle, WA
Way back in 2000 I bought a pair of OO wire's with Blue Iridium standard lenses. I had Oakley Rx lenses put in them, and every time my prescription changed I got new Oakley Rx lenses put in them. The last time I went to do the same, I discovered to my horror that I couldn't get OEM lenses anymore. Sigh. So I hunted around, and ended up putting Fuse Midnight Blue mirror polarized Rx lenses in them instead.

They're ...okay. Not as good as the OEM lenses, but they're okay (I miss the little "o" in the corner :sad: amongst other things).

Anyway, I've just had my eyes tested, and low and behold, it looks like I need new lenses again. I also picked up another frame recently so I could add a little color and variety in my life.

So... does anyone have any suggestions for a "good" Rx aftermarket lens? In an ideal world at least one pair of them will have progressive lenses (which I'm pleasantly surprised to see Fuse can do), but I currently have single vision in them, so if there's a consensus on a better single vision aftermarket Rx than the Fuse lenses I'd consider them.

I think I'm looking at a Blue Iridium clone in the silver frame, and probably a Ruby Iridium or Positive Red Iridium clone in the darker frames.

Any suggestions folks?

6180-1495050662-7474343548c82d3ae21812485b1782df.jpg

@Chris A Hardaway is our resident lense expert.

The man loves to chop em, and he didnt get lucky!

Thank you! ...and thank you to whoever it was that moved this thread to the correct forum for me :)

...I've scanned the other forum posts, and it seems people like Fuse and Revant, there's mention of other manufacturers as well, but many of them appear to have disappeared off the face of the Internet.

I can do an "Ice Iridium" clone, polarized or non-polarized. I can also do a very similar to "Ruby Iridium" clone, I call it "Virtual Red" it actually looks closer to Torch or old Gen Ruby.
I'm not comfortable setting people up with Progressive lenses much online. Too many variables could go wrong especially with the "Tiny" frame by todays standards. But if you want single vision distance, feel free to hit me up, or even if you want to try an EyeZen lens. It's like a progressive for beginners (so max add power is +1.00) check your RX and let me know the Add power. Then PM anytime you wanna talk. Especially if you already got a price form fuze, or your Docs office. That'll help me know what I'm up against. Lol. Cheers guys.
@flyer and @"TRUMP" you are boht my Dudes. But Trump, can you change your name yet??? Lol.

I can do an "Ice Iridium" clone, polarized or non-polarized. I can also do a very similar to "Ruby Iridium" clone, I call it "Virtual Red" it actually looks closer to Torch or old Gen Ruby.
I'm not comfortable setting people up with Progressive lenses much online. Too many variables could go wrong especially with the "Tiny" frame by todays standards. But if you want single vision distance, feel free to hit me up, or even if you want to try an EyeZen lens. It's like a progressive for beginners (so max add power is +1.00) check your RX and let me know the Add power. Then PM anytime you wanna talk. Especially if you already got a price form fuze, or your Docs office. That'll help me know what I'm up against. Lol. Cheers guys.
@flyer and @"TRUMP" you are boht my Dudes. But Trump, can you change your name yet??? Lol.

Gotta impeach me first lol

And many dont know, but my user name was "OBAMA" before it was TRUMP

You're a scholar and a gentleman Chris! Thank you! The Add power on my Rx is +1.50 so I think the EyeZen lens is out, and I hear you on the "tiny" frame. I'll PM you the Rx details and the quotes I have from Fuse and Revant for single vision.

Back