• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription Lenses

StevoH

Oakley Beginner
So I've just recently purchased my very first pair of prescription eyeglasses. I decided to splurge and get the very best, and got a pair of the Oakley Bucket glasses. They're comfortable and work well, but the lenses are absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to get/keep clean. Are there any tips and/or tricks with these that might help? I haven't tried any lens cleaning solution as I cannot find the actual Oakley stuff, and don't want to risk damaging the lenses with any old off the shelf stuff. I've tried every microfiber cloth I own (including the little bag they came in) that is designed for delicate things like this, and while sometimes I can get pretty close to clean, there are still streaks in the lenses. In place of alcohol based solutions, I've tried distilled water, spring water, and tap water, all with similar results.

Any tips? Thanks!

Did you get them treated with Crizal? I did with mine and they are perfect never streak or anything just use the cloth. For prescription lenses I believe your eye doctor cuts there own lenses and puts them in (at least mine does on everything except sun glasses) and just buys the frame from oakley. Unless you are talking about prescription sunglasses in which case I have fire lenses and yes the are a bear to keep clean. I use the oakley solution with the Hydroponic coating and that works ok.

Bostonfin said:
Did you get them treated with Crizal? I did with mine and they are perfect never streak or anything just use the cloth. For prescription lenses I believe your eye doctor cuts there own lenses and puts them in (at least mine does on everything except sun glasses) and just buys the frame from oakley. Unless you are talking about prescription sunglasses in which case I have fire lenses and yes the are a bear to keep clean. I use the oakley solution with the Hydroponic coating and that works ok.

Can you get any lens treated with criztal?

I just bought the New Oakley True Digital lens for my Rx Carbon Plate glasses. It has the brand new Oakley Stealth Coating. The lenses I have are amazing! No issues with keeping them clean at all.

On your new lense can you see the ghost marking (O logo in the lense about 1/3 of the way in from the edge right on the mid line)? Oakley has recently added these as part of the manufacturing process. I find they create blurry areas in my field of vision. My best examples are that they fall right on my car's side view mirrors which is annoying as hell. I've sent them back twice and asked them to remove them (they have a valid use in multi focal lenses) but they are still there.

Back