• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Preserving the X-Metals

RicHockney

Oakley Expert
Hello all,

Has anyone had any thoughts on preserving X-Metals, lenses, frames, boxes etc.... I was thinking of making an airtight Perspex box to display and protect them. Anyone tried this? Would it stop the foam disintegrating etc? Would the box need to be a vacuum? If nothing else I guess it would stop dust/moisture getting to them.

Any help much appreciated.

Hello all,

Has anyone had any thoughts on preserving X-Metals, lenses, frames, boxes etc.... I was thinking of making an airtight Perspex box to display and protect them. Anyone tried this? Would it stop the foam disintegrating etc? Would the box need to be a vacuum? If nothing else I guess it would stop dust/moisture getting to them.

Any help much appreciated.

Good idea show us the pics

I think that's good enough for me. I just priced up some perspex cut to size and I'm into triple figures. I think I'll just keep them tucked away and maybe ziplock bag the boxes to stop moisture etc.

Cheers

So, this is my original Juliet box from 10 years ago. It's never been wrapped up, it's sat on a desk not in direct sunlight in the house the whole time. And it looks like they day it got to my house from 1 Icon. Keep it in a dry place that is climate controlled and it won't deteriorate any time soon.

20181209_012530.jpg

20181209_012628.jpg

As for the frames, yeah what everyone else said. My great grandchildren and their children will probably be able to wear them as long as rubber parts are still made for them.

Latest Posts

Back