• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pretty Crappy Forum Practice On Replacement Rubbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of good arguments here but I happen to aggree its hard to set a "standard" on whats scalping and whats not. I guess people that bought up a bunch of WITK when someone found them with the sole purpose to turn around and sell them would be considered scalping. Then again its supply vs demand. If you find something on CL for 30 bucks that you know is a wanted item around here, most people will try to get some money out of it for doing the leg work and all. I have been given gas money and extra money for favors and have done the same. On the flip side I have gone out of my way for some members and didnt get anything out of it even if it was a hassle for me. I guess like was said, if you dont like the price move on. I for one know of a few people like Maniac said that dont contribute anything here but come on to sell and bump thier threads. I for one tend to stay away from thier sale threads even if its something I want.

half the stuff I see for sale on here I think is too high. just click next or GLWS...

A lot of good arguments here but I happen to aggree its hard to set a "standard" on whats scalping and whats not. I guess people that bought up a bunch of WITK when someone found them with the sole purpose to turn around and sell them would be considered scalping...On the flip side I have gone out of my way for some members and didnt get anything out of it even if it was a hassle for me. I guess like was said, if you dont like the price move on. I for one know of a few people like Maniac said that dont contribute anything here but come on to sell and bump thier threads

(not calling you out atrain just a good jumping off point) I didn't call it anything other than a crappy practice. Personally I think it disingenuous to come on a forum, have your only content be FS threads, wipe those threads of a pricing trail while not giving anything back to the platform that you try to use to sell $20 items for $150. I don't think that I could operate like that but I'm here as an aficionado and not as an opportunist. I'm also not Boss and I don't get to dictate policy. I suspect though that it wasn't Boss' intent to create a platform for opportunists since there are more discussion subforums than exchange subforums. All I was doing was calling BS on the practice without putting a particular label on it but I suppose that in the process of calling it BS that is putting a label on it.

I was expressing my opinion that it's at least a little rapey. I think that most will agree on that.

(not calling you out atrain just a good jumping off point) I didn't call it anything other than a crappy practice. Personally I think it disingenuous to come on a forum, have your only content be FS threads, wipe those threads of a pricing trail while not giving anything back to the platform that you try to use to sell $20 items for $150. I don't think that I could operate like that but I'm here as an aficionado and not as an opportunist. I'm also not Boss and I don't get to dictate policy. I suspect though that it wasn't Boss' intent to create a platform for opportunists since there are more discussion subforums than exchange subforums. All I was doing was calling BS on the practice without putting a particular label on it but I suppose that in the process of calling it BS that is putting a label on it.

I was expressing my opinion that it's at least a little rapey.

Indeed

I was expressing my opinion that it's at least a little rapey. I think that most will agree on that.

No worries man, I agree with you as well. I don't go out and buy things with the intention to sell them. The only things I have ever sold was because I either didn't wear them anymore or they didn't look good on me.

No worries man, I agree with you as well. I don't go out and buy things with the intention to sell them. The only things I have ever sold was because I either didn't wear them anymore or they didn't look good on me.

Agreed, do the same and will always put it up for trade first and only consider offers if the relevant person really wants them, but does not have anything to trade.

Personally, I set myself a limit on any piece that I want and if I can get it for or below that, I buy it. If not then I wait until one pops up again.

I think Dr Chop made a similar comment on the Scelzi R2's in the value thread. If the price is ridiculous, I just move on to the next post.

Generally though I have found the majority of forum members to be incredibly helpful in sourcing pieces and parts at decent prices when I needed them.

I got a pair of Wally Lopez Garage Rocks for $400.00, if anyone is interested ...
Uh oh, here we go- thousand dollar stickers (the ones Inifinite Hero took to RED), fifty dollar screws... :)

Uh oh, here we go- thousand dollar stickers (the ones Inifinite Hero took to RED), fifty dollar screws... :)
You pay $50 for screws? I've got a whole bin in one of my toolboxes. $50 per two.

78804539_6dc547944d_m.jpg

Even $50 rubber sets from linegear are laughable. Personally, I think black rubbers are just fine and goes with everything well. Everything else has its uses on specific occasions and is a waste of money unless you have plenty. If deal is ridiculous, why not just move on? Obviously, it is priced that way because there's a market for them. If we start thread crapping insane prices, then let's start with romeo, XX plasma/ice, etc and be consistent. Having said that, I find stuff coming out of indonesia here on the forum to be uncompetitive yet it always sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back