• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pretty Crappy Forum Practice On Replacement Rubbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubber is a wear item, and someone wanting to refresh a pair of something like InfiniteHero or Ichiro that they actually wear will lead them to look for the same rubber. For them I feel sorry. To the people who just want to mod pairs or go for certain looks? Eh, I don't mind them relying on would-be scalpers so much.

It's sad that people drive pricing up on items that should be a few bucks, though. I can name several Oakley items that command a LOT of money, despite their low cost. Stands and POP items that almost always enter the collector market for free being the worst offender, in my mind. I don't blame members for charging what they can get or what they paid, but it's sad that something like the plastic triple tiers go for such big money when they're literally pennies worth of plastic given away for free at times.

I think that some of the problem lies in the fact that these seller are lying in wait for the inexperienced Oakley buyer. No X-metal guru would pay 200% for rubber sets, its someone like me who believes in the "community" of this forum and has little experience that would think "this seller is on this forum, has plenty of posts, has been a member for a while and has people saying GLWS, so he must have a good product at a reasonable price." (Luckily I am the type of person that researches everything, just using myself as an example) The problem lies in the fact that these "pop-in" sellers (not going to call them scalpers) are taking advantage of what should be a safe, community like environment that other, long time members, have tried hard to build and establish. Thanks.

Worst practice. But not a forum violation. Plus giving seller a free bump.
I was a fan of the system in place just before the forum overhaul. No posts except people actually looking to deal, and the seller was locked from bumping for 48 hours unless someone else posted. No "Free bumps".

Now I jump on the forum (been on way too much this week, home sick from work), hit the 'New Posts' button and it's 50% or more commerce threads that are just constantly being bumped by "GLWS" or other drivel.

It makes this place feel like it's mostly about the commerce area when there's so much activity on those threads. I am as guilty as anyone in some of them that devolve a bit into discussion. But I also feel it does a disservice to someone else who posts their thread and it's bumped back to page 2 within an hour because there's so much off-topic posting, free bumps, and other stuff.

I'm bored, home sick, can you tell :oops:;)

I was a fan of the system in place just before the forum overhaul. No posts except people actually looking to deal, and the seller was locked from bumping for 48 hours unless someone else posted. No "Free bumps".

Now I jump on the forum (been on way too much this week, home sick from work), hit the 'New Posts' button and it's 50% or more commerce threads that are just constantly being bumped by "GLWS" or other drivel.

It makes this place feel like it's mostly about the commerce area when there's so much activity on those threads. I am as guilty as anyone in some of them that devolve a bit into discussion. But I also feel it does a disservice to someone else who posts their thread and it's bumped back to page 2 within an hour because there's so much off-topic posting, free bumps, and other stuff.

I'm bored, home sick, can you tell :oops:;)

Lol. I am just happy to be here on the forum sir! =p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back