• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pretty Good Oakley XX X-Metal Fakes On Ebay

MasChingon

Oakley Beginner
Not sure if this is the right place for this, feel free to move it around if need be.

Just a heads up...totally fake.....

Feebay Item #

Yea, that's the box they issue on all the site that sell Foakleys. + the pic can't be zoomed but it looks like there aren't gaskets where they should be.
Plasma models don't have the hammer stems either - and the seller ( which has 93.1 % feedback - Not good ) states it's a plasma frame...
I'd say something about the color of the ice lenses since it differs from the ones i've got, but that could just be due to a certain batch lookin that way.
Oh, and that case you see behind, is also the one you get when you buy the fakes ones.
Doesn't take much digging on google the find'em, they'll also have some hideous color combos and long discontinued models ( Talking to you, Gold\Silver ruby lens Romeo 2 -.- )
Hope this helps...

Box, bag, curved earstems are a DEAD giveaway. They're pretty good fakes and I'm sure he/she is making good money off of them.

But the biggest giveaway is the orbitals don't open up to allow lens exchange. Where's the gasket or break in the orbitals??

fake, fakity fake... I need to get me some of those boxes... hahahahaha... !!!!! and the classic "cloth" as they call it... hahahahahaha... !!!!!!!

The staple question......ask for the serial.......

you can do that too but not all of them have serials, not even all of them have the SKU#'s so visual inspection is the key to making sure that you have an authentic pair of Oakley X-Metals.

Plasma models don't have the hammer stems either - and the seller ( which has 93.1 % feedback - Not good ) states it's a plasma frame...
Yea but some sellers list the wrong names on their items, it can be a X-Metal XX in Plasma but list it as Plasma Juliet but it doesn't mean that they are fakes.

well, the only good thing of buying off ebay is that you can always return it and if the seller won't response then you can open a case... your money will be refunded for sure...

Back