• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pretty Sure These Lenses Aren't Oakley.. confirm?

adamsapple19

Oakley Expert
Colorado
Did Oakley ever make an Emerald Polarized lens for Turbines? I've not seen one until this listing. I'd really like to believe it's true.

The frames are legit Grey Smoke (9263-09) and, per the pic below (from the seller's listing), the lens clearly has the etched "Polarized" in the lower right of the lens. Can fake lenses have this (what I have always believed to be unique) Oakley "Polarized" etching?

In his listing, this eBay seller says that, after purchasing the pair himself from eBay, he "purchased New Volt Polarized Emerald Green Lens for them".

Believing these were actual Oakley Emerald Polarized lenses (and being pretty confused) I googled "Volt Emerald Lenses" and found an eBay seller named "voltlenses" (link below for reference to a random pair of "Volt Polarized Green Replacement Lenses" for another frame). So I now have to assume this Volt brand lens is what is in the Frame of the Turbines listed/pictured that I am very interested in.

But again, I'm quite thrown by the Oakley "Polarized" etching... I mean, if the etching in that photo is not that of Oakley (thus not an Oakley lens) then I'm pretty blown away.

I've closely compared how the etching looks in that photo (1: The shape and design of the lettering itself. 2: The location of the lettering in contrast to the edge of where the frame begins.. and 3: The way the lettering begins to "curve" around the frame at the corner) to how etching looks on my own Turbine lenses (that I know are authentic because I purchased them myself at a Vault store) and I see zero flaws if it is in fact a replication of the Oakley etching.

So what the heck is going on? If these aren't authentic Oakley lenses - but the etching is precise - do I have to rethink every pair of Oakleys I see on eBay, or literally anywhere else for that matter?

Or am I simply confusing myself by the wording in his listing..? Thus, again, my initial question at the beginning: Did Oakley ever make an Emerald Polarized lens for Turbines? But it does seem the seller is stating that the lenses currently in the frame - which is what is pictured in his listing and what he is selling - are NOT authentic Oakley lenses.

Link to the interested pair of Turbines on eBay (as referenced above):
Oakley-Turbine-Polarized Sunglasses Grey-Smoke/Emerald Green Lens | eBay

Link to a random listing for "Polarized Green Replacement Lenses" from this Volt lens seller on eBay (as referenced above):

Volt Polarized Green Replacement Lenses for Oakley Half Jacket XLJ Asian Fit | eBay

Picture taken from seller's eBay listing, as referenced above:
TurbineEmeraldVolt.png

Back