• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Price Check - Romeo 1 Gen 1

Tavers

I am Jim Jannard...
Hi Guys,

I've had this set a fair while and thinking of letting it go. It's an early Gen 1 Romeo 1 X-Metal/Black Iridum. They're in mint condition. Slightest hint of a spider crack. The lenses are a solid 9/10. The frame has a few rub marks where the arm meets it when close. Typical of a used Romeo I'd say.

The box has seen better days, it's complete minus the foam. They were sold in Australia. I note the box has the serial written on it, rather than printed on the label. The color and handwriting looks very similar to the early 'Jordan' releases. Comes with the original extra rubber parts as well.

Any ideas as to a value?

Cheers,

John
IMG_0895.JPG IMG_0897.JPG IMG_0899.JPG IMG_0900.JPG IMG_0901.JPG IMG_0902.JPG IMG_0904.JPG IMG_0905.JPG

Last edited:
Certainly a nice pair, not mint, but very good and the finish looks more clean than not. - I'll say $750-ish (USD) value-wise.

If mint, including the box with minimal tear/wear, this pair would top out at $900 to $1000

Less the rub marks, minor, but still a deduction - take $50 away for that.

Sans the minor wear and spider cracks starting on the lenses, that is the bigger hit once they start to show any wear or cracks, that halves the value of the lenses, another $150 or so off even for minor wear and/or cracks.

The box is fair, foam is not a huge deal value-wise, nice to have, but understandable if it is missing after 20+ years. Most folks won't care about the rest of the box, many of those were hand written or mismatched, not unusual or special there. Likely not a value add or deduction based on the information you have provided.

The spare rubbers are nice, but those bits are not hard to find, most folks interested in this would probably have a spare set or three.

So $900-$1000 less $200 or so, that puts you in the $700 to $800 range value-wise.

If you had/wanted to part with them quickly you may only see $650 to $700 if the tide was low at the time.

Early Jordans would only have 4 digits on them. I was scouring ebay of Romeo 1’s for almost a year and bought about 5 of them with boxes. They normally sell between $650- $800 depending on the condition. The foam inside is expected to be gone by now. You would be surprised if the foam is still intact.