• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Price drops/bumps/comments in exchange section

Status
Not open for further replies.

OakleyFrankFMJ

The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
The Castle
I'm curious.

I have noticed A LOT of price drops being used to bump an exchange thread well under the 48 hours and in some cases even well under 24 hours.

Is it NECESSARY or is it against the rules to use the price drop to bump an exchange thread within the thread well under 24/48 hours?

Isn't it possible to just update the first post and LEAVE IT AT THAT? Why do you need to bump the thread noting the price drop? DO THAT IN THE FIRST POST since you are updating the first post anyway.

Also, I've noticed people using the tactic of replying to comments to bump their thread. A perfect example is one comment was replied to on one day.....then the seller replied to a comment BEFORE the comment he replied to on the next day. That is just sneaky bumping. What the ****?????

Anyway. I'm just pointing this out and would like some clarification and also would like it clear to people who actually use the exchange areas what the rules clearly are.

In my opinion if you are a clear repeat violator of the rules your threads should just be flat out deleted since you can't or won't abide by the rules.

In my opinion the exchange section has turned into one big joke. This coming from a person who doesn't even use the exchange section.

Thoughts......anyone? ANYONE??????

@kronin323, I'm tagging you because you are much more eloquent than me in posting. Hopefully you have some input.

@Dallas O Hog , tagging you just because. :p

I'm curious.

I have noticed A LOT of price drops being used to bump an exchange thread well under the 48 hours and in some cases even well under 24 hours.

Is it NECESSARY or is it against the rules to use the price drop to bump an exchange thread within the thread well under 24/48 hours?

Isn't it possible to just update the first post and LEAVE IT AT THAT? Why do you need to bump the thread noting the price drop? DO THAT IN THE FIRST POST since you are updating the first post anyway.

Also, I've noticed people using the tactic of replying to comments to bump their thread. A perfect example is one comment was replied to on one day.....then the seller replied to a comment BEFORE the comment he replied to on the next day. That is just sneaky bumping. What the ****?????

Anyway. I'm just pointing this out and would like some clarification and also would like it clear to people who actually use the exchange areas what the rules clearly are.

In my opinion if you are a clear repeat violator of the rules your threads should just be flat out deleted since you can't or won't abide by the rules.

In my opinion the exchange section has turned into one big joke. This coming from a person who doesn't even use the exchange section.

Thoughts......anyone? ANYONE??????

@kronin323, I'm tagging you because you are much more eloquent than me in posting. Hopefully you have some input.

@Dallas O Hog , tagging you just because. :p
Lulz, oh Frank! ;)

Here's one that's annoying that bumps the thread early, GLWS, He's a great guy to buy from (that's why we have feedback scores) I'm going to add to the thread but not buy from it or ask any question about what's for sale, just add to my thread count

This is an interesting topic - I've bounced back and forth on it and still looking for some type of automated solution without hindering the exchange areas. I think if you are willing to drop the price of an item and take less item just to skirt the "48 Hour Bump" rule than that is just stupid all around. 48 hours is not a long time to wait - You would have no chance of getting your price on eBay/Craigslist in no less than 3-4 days let alone 2!

I agree the bumping/replies have gotten somewhat out of hand lately and as I said i am looking for an automated solution. The issue is, you cannot simply block replies for 48 hours bc this is still a discussion community, and discussion around the item for sale should be allowed to occur.

Any other thoughts on this from the board? Interested in hearing what everyone has to say.

I would agree to most of what you are saying on the bumping issue.
Price drops before the 48hrs should not be allowed as a bump. They can be done in the first thread. Agree with you there. For me I will price drop after the 48 hrs and bump it and change the first thread.
On my sales thread if someone posts a comment or question I may not see it right away and may answer it later in the day or maybe the next day. By no means do I do this on purpose. Maybe some do, not sure?
I like the exchange section. It has really helped expand my collection. But on the flip side some use this forum to sell only and have NO input anywhere else.
I don't agree with that. Those people should just go to an auction site. But how do you Police that? It is pretty easy to see who uses this site to only sell or better their services they offer.
Again the forum is a great place to talk, study, teach, meet members and learn all about the Oakleys we enjoy wearing and collecting.

If tagging me was to imply having broken the rules, I can assure everyone that it wasn't done intentionally. I've sometimes updated a title or initial post at the approximately same time as I've bumped the thread - but I wasn't aware that wasn't allowed. As far as I know, editing the title or initial post, doesn't move up the thread. Am I wrong in that assumption ?
If tagging me was to pick my brain - I honestly don't have any creative solutions. It's a fine line, because we all want our stuff to sell as quickly as possible and how do you make it fair for everyone, without total anarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back