• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Price Increases....

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
Word is....Oakley raised prices on Holbrooks because they owe several million to Shaun White as his contract states he gets a percentage of ALL Holbrook sales because he helped design the Holbrook.

combine the vanilla trends coming out of Oakley and the over-priced product, they are going to push a lot of people away! just terrible what has become of such a great company..

combine the vanilla trends coming out of Oakley and the over-priced product, they are going to push a lot of people away! just terrible what has become of such a great company..

And here I thought I was the only one that felt that way ha ha ha. Well...we'll see what they bring out in wake of the end of the metals although with the Lux era track record, whatever it is will probably be ridiculously expensive...stuff that costs half as much as the metals to make but 50% more to buy.

Unfortunately, they have become somewhat vanilla. They have the Batwolf now, yet they keep putting everything on the Fuel Cell..I'm still trying to figure that one out??

And word I got on the Robert Williams yesterday is not appealing...

How about increasing the income side of the consumer first,,,,,for petes sake, give a brotha a break.....

Well that's my primary point..."pricey" is relative. Heck I haven't had a raise since 2004 but experienced $1000 more in expenses a month from health care ,food and gas alone....and along those lines the pricing structure and price increases of newer Oakley models has WAY outpaced inflation etc

Heck I haven't had a raise since 2004

What the heck do you do that has wages frozen? I think we've only had one year where there were no increases in annual salary but even then we still received annual bonus. One the same note though employee share of health care has gone up, we pay $310 every pay period and yes fuel cost has doubled since 2008 alone.