• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Price Increases....

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
What the heck do you do that has wages frozen? I think we've only had one year where there were no increases in annual salary but even then we still received annual bonus. One the same note though employee share of health care has gone up, we pay $310 every pay period and yes fuel cost has doubled since 2008 alone.

Real estate industry....loosely described. We have people that haven't had a raise in 15 years. They're not technically frozen per se, corporate has just made it clear no raises are to be given. Bonuses only go to managers (and tie to operation operating costs..ie how low they are so management has an incentive to not give raises). As for health care ( medical dental and vision) I've gone from $245 a month for family in 2004 to $575 now. But on the bright side the company is running a profit margin of 25% and our CEO is now taking over the wine industry

Regardless of the reasons, the price has increased and we'll just have to live with it.

I know that's a crappy attitude but what else can you do?

Regardless of the reasons, the price has increased and we'll just have to live with it.

I know that's a crappy attitude but what else can you do?

No that's certainly the truth. And really its not about the $10 $15 etc of a specific increase but the overall trend....the former won't keep me from per se...the latter has and is.

What the heck do you do that has wages frozen? I think we've only had one year where there were no increases in annual salary but even then we still received annual bonus. One the same note though employee share of health care has gone up, we pay $310 every pay period and yes fuel cost has doubled since 2008 alone.
Suffer...I am not sure if we'll be able to keep this apt..my school is basically broke that I teach at and, one solution was to clear my debt by selling off over 200 Oakleys...I buy few and far between ..except for new Twentys everything is Vault or Ebay..I cant pay 150 dollars for a piece of plastic anymore and things are only going to get worse We lose all benefits and retirement next year so I'll have to get health insurance myself. With the US Dollar set to be replaced by the aero I have no idea what's going to happen....

they may as well just be called Shaunly....next year probably the Platinumbrook debuts...wow... from JJ to a skateboarding goof...things have changed.

Not to be the forum police, but gasoline in July, 2008 was actually the highest ever at $4.27 per gallon. It went down near the end of the year because of the 2008 Presidential Election. You'll see a similar trend this year, guaranteed.

My health care costs have doubled since 2003...and groceries, don't even get me started lol!

Not to be the forum police, but gasoline in July, 2008 was actually the highest ever at $4.27 per gallon. It went down near the end of the year because of the 2008 Presidential Election. You'll see a similar trend this year, guaranteed.

My health care costs have doubled since 2003...and groceries, don't even get me started lol!
Gas here is around $4.35'ish right now. :car:
Well groceries are sort of debatable, are you shopping at 'Whole Foods' buying organic food, or 'save-mart' lmao.:popcorn:

Price increases will always happen and we will never like it.

It is just that Oakley seems to nickel and dime the consumer at times and still raise the prices. I also like knives, Benchmade is my fav. Call benchmade customer service, need a clip, need a new screw, they only ask 1 question, they just need to know what your address is. Now that is customer service. Try to get Oakley to send you a T6 screw for an X metal. Not a chance.

But not here to complain. Bottem line I do like the glasses and will continue to buy, just have to live with price increases and the company's policies.

Shoot.....I'd love to have them nickel and dime me for a T6 screw....they won't even sell one which is just because they want you to send in the frame for a $75 tune up to replace a screw that costs pennies.