• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Price?

Thanks for the tag @"TRUMP"

There are several pairs of these what I would call R&D pairs but I suppose you could call them prototypes....

Having been in contact with most of the owners I can confirm that they have all came from one source....

I have also contacted at least two people who have been employed by Oakley who can confirm names.

From my memory there are three blue Juliets, three purple Juliets and one blue Penny. The original seller also sold two copper Pennys (one of which I have) and I am sure that they are a slightly different shade than the production pairs. I would say they were r&d pairs that actually made it into production.

As for value - there are too many factors involved and estimates would vary wildly.
Proof of where they came from is needed - I have kept all my messages from my deals but at the end of the day I could still get a custom job done to replicate these.
The only 'issue' is that the guys who do custom work on here do a far better job - had they been working at Oakley I am sure we would have seen them in the stores!

A copper Romeo and a carbon Romeo sold on here a while back - I would be interested to find out a bit more about them.

I am 99.9% sure that these pairs are legit r&d/prototype pairs and I feel privileged to have one in my possession - i feel more the custodian of them than the owner!

@Nucchem Have you any info on the Carbon/Copper r1's?
The copper R1 came from Factory Pilot. I will keep his name out of this. He was sort of tight with Jim. Did all the photography for Oakley racing. Jim gave him cart Blanche (sp) and he was able to be involved in some of the ideas for XMetals, hence the polished Crater emerald, the R2 Emerald and I believe he has a few more rarities, O matter and such. I have met with him and he is a good guy, totally legit in my book. 3 coppers, Jim has one, I have one and there is a third out there that some corporation has, that’s what FP. told me. You can certainly tell the difference in custom and this R1, no question. The man also has a god watch, I won’t say too much about that, but I have seen it. I do not have any info on the Carbon. Never crossed my mind to ask. I know the Copper R1 was produced before the pennies and the idea percolated through to the penny, but the R1 was shot down.
I guess there were a few items that were produced, ran through the ranks for approval and if shot down, most were destroyed but some made it out alive.
FP is a stand up guy but very, VERY hard to nail down. He has some really great stories and photos.
He was and is pretty close to Torch. He was the welder I believe for the race team, hence my BNIB Torch Wear SJ that I also purchased from him.
Thank you FP.
I believe a couple other members have dealt with him on some one off or extremely limited items.
I continually try to contact him but as I said very tough to nail down.
He has a beautiful lil John with the diamond icon and many more grails, that one day I Would like to own.
32C2A68B-600B-41B0-8BDC-2EC681CE6BCF.jpeg
C4C373E3-DEDC-4FBC-87C3-282F71EFE7CE.jpeg
F1E39531-7052-47AE-8707-8CEB5072F197.jpeg

The copper R1 came from Factory Pilot. I will keep his name out of this. He was sort of tight with Jim. Did all the photography for Oakley racing. Jim gave him cart Blanche (sp) and he was able to be involved in some of the ideas for XMetals, hence the polished Crater emerald, the R2 Emerald and I believe he has a few more rarities, O matter and such. I have met with him and he is a good guy, totally legit in my book. 3 coppers, Jim has one, I have one and there is a third out there that some corporation has, that’s what FP. told me. You can certainly tell the difference in custom and this R1, no question. The man also has a god watch, I won’t say too much about that, but I have seen it. I do not have any info on the Carbon. Never crossed my mind to ask. I know the Copper R1 was produced before the pennies and the idea percolated through to the penny, but the R1 was shot down.
I guess there were a few items that were produced, ran through the ranks for approval and if shot down, most were destroyed but some made it out alive.
FP is a stand up guy but very, VERY hard to nail down. He has some really great stories and photos.
He was and is pretty close to Torch. He was the welder I believe for the race team, hence my BNIB Torch Wear SJ that I also purchased from him.
Thank you FP.
I believe a couple other members have dealt with him on some one off or extremely limited items.
I continually try to contact him but as I said very tough to nail down.
He has a beautiful lil John with the diamond icon and many more grails, that one day I Would like to own.
View attachment 715030View attachment 715031View attachment 715032
Thanks for sharing...

There is at least one more Copper Romeo out there in collectors hands. I think that was the one sold by Total O on eBay back in 2006.

There is at least one more Copper Romeo out there in collectors hands. I think that was the one sold by Total O on eBay back in 2006.
Yes, thats the other one I was refering to. I heard it went to some corporation or some suit there, but yes purchased through FleaBay.

Latest Posts

Back