• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prices Are Stupid Crazy.

Its going to get more expensive over time, I would suggest that if you want and can find a pair still located in a store that you grab it up and call it a day... Because like RVF said in 10-20 years who knows what they will bring, but I bet it wont be a loss situation!

I'm with FearGear and I do not believe what was stated in another thread that Juliets would be back in stock in 6 months. That having been said, I think that the return / re-emergence of at least one member of the X Metal family would be a good thing as it would serve as a gateway to the other X Metals and keep the line exposed to a continuing audience.

How will X Metal values maintain and even grow if no one knows about them?

This is like playing the stock market, you never know what the value of something will be in the future. I'm hoping that the value of the original x-metal line goes up, becuase seriously, I view my collection as an investment. I find myself thinking when is a good time to call it quits collecting, I'm in my early 40's, I don't have a lot in my 401K, but if I hang onto what I have for another 9 years, I'm a 50 yr old collecting Oakleys! If I start to sell off things now at the going rate I could probably end up with close to $100K, but who knows what things will be worth in a few years, like I said, it's like playing the stock market, except I'm playing the Oakley market.

My wife has already said that she's going to sell off my collection to pay for my funeral when i die. Then take the leftover profits and go on vacation :lol:

I offered a serialized 1st generation plasma/ice Juliet for a very low price and did not get one PM for about 2 1/2 weeks.

I offered a serialized 1st generation plasma/ice Juliet for a very low price and did not get one PM for about 2 1/2 weeks.

That's because alot of people here wants a pair for a steal price like what they see in some post that people are snatching carbon juliet for $90 or a Tio2 XX for $200, etc... that's why I agree on some post that posting prices of steal deals kinda make people think that they should have the same price when you sell it or atleast close to it. They have to realize that those instances are rare and you have to be very quick to grab it if one pops up cuz it won't last long.... specially for us SOCAL guys cuz FGG is always on CL :tongue: (just kidding Del hehe.. you still need to send me those pics I asked for bro :laugh:)

Just sit tight and wait for the right buyer. Remember when i had pairs listed for months and no bites until someone finally did? Just takes the right timing. Also it's nearing the end of summer and a lot of people don't have expendable cash since it was already blown on vacations or whatever. Maybe in a few weeks there will be more people that are looking to buy.

That's because alot of people here wants a pair for a steal price like what they see in some post that people are snatching carbon juliet for $90 or a Tio2 XX for $200, etc... that's why I agree on some post that posting prices of steal deals kinda make people think that they should have the same price when you sell it or atleast close to it. They have to realize that those instances are rare and you have to be very quick to grab it if one pops up cuz it won't last long.... specially for us SOCAL guys cuz FGG is always on CL :tongue: (just kidding Del hehe.. you still need to send me those pics I asked for bro :laugh:)

+1. Just cuz i got it for a steal doesn't mean i need to pass it along to you. This one irks me: "Oh i got a steal for this pair. Only paid $40!." "I'll give you $50!"

Really?

v2kjokerz said:
01001111011000010110101101101100011001010111100100 10000001000001011001000110010001101001011000110111 010000100001

Nice, Chris! LOL!

I used to offer items here first, now I dont bother making the effort that often because everyone here is looking for a SCORE... Dont get me wrong I like a score as much as anyone else, but if its a rare item or just a flat out good deal I dont pass it up because I am looking for save another $30-50 when the market is already higher than whats being asked. We are getting or have been spoiled for a while with a bad economy and availability of product.... But its becoming time to pay the piper, Oakley collecting is at an all time high and product availability is at an all time low... Supply and demand people, buck up and dust the cobwebs off your wallet because collecting is not a cheap hobby...

In regards to the investment talk, those of us that have been around for more than a few years will tell you it is an investment and you only get back what you put in because it takes money to make money!!!

Latest Posts

Back