• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prices Are Stupid Crazy.

v2kjokerz said:
That's because alot of people here wants a pair for a steal price like what they see in some post that people are snatching carbon juliet for $90 or a Tio2 XX for $200, etc... that's why I agree on some post that posting prices of steal deals kinda make people think that they should have the same price when you sell it or atleast close to it. They have to realize that those instances are rare and you have to be very quick to grab it if one pops up cuz it won't last long.... specially for us SOCAL guys cuz FGG is always on CL :tongue: (just kidding Del hehe.. you still need to send me those pics I asked for bro :laugh:)

Couldn't agree more...

FearGearGarage said:
I used to offer items here first, now I dont bother making the effort that often because everyone here is looking for a SCORE... Dont get me wrong I like a score as much as anyone else, but if its a rare item or just a flat out good deal I dont pass it up because I am looking for save another $30-50 when the market is already higher than whats being asked. We are getting or have been spoiled for a while with a bad economy and availability of product.... But its becoming time to pay the piper, Oakley collecting is at an all time high and product availability is at an all time low... Supply and demand people, buck up and dust the cobwebs off your wallet because collecting is not a cheap hobby...

In regards to the investment talk, those of us that have been around for more than a few years will tell you it is an investment and you only get back what you put in because it takes money to make money!!!

+1
Well said bro

There is a difference in looking for a score and looking for a fair deal. 250-350 is a fair price for used Juliet's in excellent condition for non le, 350-450 for a pair of x metal xx is fair depending on condition and model. especially since they no more rare then they were 3 months ago. Romeo 1 in the 500 to 600 range is fair and 250-350 is fair for the romeo 2. I just think some people especially on ebay are going way overboard on the prices.

I used to offer items here first, now I dont bother making the effort that often because everyone here is looking for a SCORE... Dont get me wrong I like a score as much as anyone else, but if its a rare item or just a flat out good deal I dont pass it up because I am looking for save another $30-50 when the market is already higher than whats being asked. We are getting or have been spoiled for a while with a bad economy and availability of product.... But its becoming time to pay the piper, Oakley collecting is at an all time high and product availability is at an all time low... Supply and demand people, buck up and dust the cobwebs off your wallet because collecting is not a cheap hobby...

In regards to the investment talk, those of us that have been around for more than a few years will tell you it is an investment and you only get back what you put in because it takes money to make money!!!

True, on all counts.

I agree Feargear, EXCEPT, with investments you want to get back MORE than what you put in!! lol

Dammit,I have been reading this and I don't want to get mad but many of you are complaining about "stupid" sh&* which is forcing me to vent a bit. Complaints are coming from a trend with the new influx of collector or "scavengers" as I like to call them. Many people on this site just don't want to pay for beauty, excellence, and rarity.

Why are you complaining about the price rising? prices rising only benefit collectors.... People don't even think about inflation,the rising cost of eBay fees, shipping, more government taxes, new regulations, and that's just the beginning. Manufacturing is at an all time low here in the US (ALL TIME LOW PEOPLE) and the government policies are a direct link to why Oakley is not producing X-METALS.......

Take your blame and point it where it belongs.

X metal glasses are expensive and discontinued because Oakley cant make money on them, production is too expensive, and their other divisions are charging massive prices to stay a float. They just dont make things like they used to.

My personal opinion is that the prices for x metals will only go up and they should be even more expensive in relation to the prices I see now. I can make way more convincing arguments about this so bring it on...lol

I value my collection based on what "I" think they are worth and its not my fault if others are not informed or knowledgeable about something in my collection for sale...PERIOD

It has nothing to do with a fair increas in price compared to price gouging. Some of us have been around oakley for 20 to 25 years. It goes all the way back to the bmx grips for me. One thing I appreciate on the forum is if something is overpriced it will not sell or the people will say something is not a fair price. We keep each other in check. Just because you think something is worth a certain amount does not necessary make it true. That goes for myself and everyone else on the forum. Most of the stuff I see on ebay that is overpriced stays there and never sells. You saying that people are not informed or knowledgeable about what you are selling if they don't agree on the price is complete b.s. and comes across as thinking you know it all. I guarentee there are people on here that know far more about Oakleys than you or I ever will.

It has nothing to do with a fair increas in price compared to price gouging. Some of us have been around oakley for 20 to 25 years. It goes all the way back to the bmx grips for me. One thing I appreciate on the forum is if something is overpriced it will not sell or the people will say something is not a fair price. We keep each other in check. Just because you think something is worth a certain amount does not necessary make it true. That goes for myself and everyone else on the forum. Most of the stuff I see on ebay that is overpriced stays there and never sells. You saying that people are not informed or knowledgeable about what you are selling if they don't agree on the price is complete b.s. and comes across as thinking you know it all. I guarentee there are people on here that know far more about Oakleys than you or I ever will.

LOL! No offence but I trust people on here as much as I trust my niece with a butter knife around a light socket" I dont see people saying "Hey, you are selling that for too cheap" as well:laugh: . Dont hate the player hate the game. Ebay is over priced because many people are forced to charge more because of fees, shipping, 1099k, Paypal, insurance, and everything that's associated with selling.

I guarentee there are people on here that know far more about Oakleys than you or I ever will.

^LOL! I doubt that

LOL! No offence but I trust people on here as much as I trust my niece with a butter knife around a light socket" I dont see people saying "Hey, you are selling that for too cheap" as well:laugh: . Dont hate the player hate the game. Ebay is over priced because many people are forced to charge more because of fees, shipping, 1099k, Paypal, insurance, and everything that's associated with selling.

^LOL! I doubt that
And with that post you lost all your credibility.

Latest Posts

Back