• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prices for Juliet X-Metal Finish

XMetalAddict

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Cambridge, UK
Hi everyone, just wanted to get the collectives opinion about pricing for these sunglasses.

Assuming the lenses and frames are good but no box and coin. How much would a pair be worth with Ruby lenses. Is £400 ($600) reasonable. I feel this is quite high, but that may be just me.

Using this as my reference point:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OAKLEY-JU...916088?hash=item1a0854aa78:g:fhkAAOSwl9BWMTiF

If the whole set is complete with box/coin how much?

I am interested because I really want a pair but they seem to command relatively high price and not sure if this is due to rarity.

That's a BAD reference point to use.

The price for only the sunglasses is way too high in my opinion.

It's not a R1

Just to give an idea of what you can get, I recently got an unworn pair of X Metal Juliets with Ruby Iridium lenses and full box and coin for $450, so I would say that $600 is a bit steep. Even with shipping from the U.S. It came to way less than $600.

Your subject pair are WAAY too high.
These appear to have aftermarket lenses (ruby did not come polarized) or the seller is misstating OEM lenses- which is possible given his high pricing which could indicate a lack of product knowledge.
At any rate they should be in the $300 range loose w/o box IMO.

Thanks everyone, you are confirming everything that I thought.

@MSTech you also raise what I am seeing there seems to be an increased demand in this model.

I will just have to wait and see what comes up at the right price point.

Everything goes in waves is what I have noticed.
Correct. For a while Ti02 Juliets were the rage, then they weren't. For a while Titanium/Gold Juliets were until they weren't. For a while Ducati Juliets were until they weren't.
Ebb and flow.

X-metal is a really great finish. Was under-represented in my collection for quite a time but I sorted that and now have 10 or 11.

It's what I've been using for most of the customs (lenses, not finishes) but typically BI pairs so I don't have to pay the premium rubies can attract.

X-metal is a really great finish. Was under-represented in my collection for quite a time but I sorted that and now have 10 or 11.

It's what I've been using for most of the customs (lenses, not finishes) but typically BI pairs so I don't have to pay the premium rubies can attract.
So that is where they have all been ending up:rofl:

$300-$350 would be about fair for those, maybe another $50-$100 if they had the box and coin, and $500-$550 if they were new in box. $600 is way overpriced.

Latest Posts

Back