• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Deep Water or Sapphire Iridium

Depends on lighting...DWP shines in the sun.

I’m surprised you feel Sapphire is too dark to look through. And isn’t polarized unusually worse? Odd...
Ya I found my non polorized sapphire iridium lenses to be dark to look through, all while my buddies sapphire iridium polorized lenses lighter to look through. And the specs for light transmission being the same. I can't explain it. My non polorized sapphire iridium lenses were dark to look through in anything other then being out in the direct sunlight. Dunno why

I’m surprised you feel Sapphire is too dark to look through. And isn’t polarized unusually worse? Odd...

Screenshot_2018-06-15-20-23-11.png

Ok, so I went to the beach today on a beautiful sunny day and omg. Everything is clear and beautiful through these lenses. Driving there in the cover of my car nothing seemed too dark, and being out in the direct sun my eyes never felt strained. Everything was in clear HD. I was giddy walking around looking through these and seeing everything like I've never seen it before. But I gotta say, looking at them from the front they don't look as good as the sapphire iridium they replaced. But who cares, wow does the world look great through these. Prism Deep Water Polorized I highly recommend.

Ok, so I went to the beach today on a beautiful sunny day and omg. Everything is clear and beautiful through these lenses. Driving there in the cover of my car nothing seemed too dark, and being out in the direct sun my eyes never felt strained. Everything was in clear HD. I was giddy walking around looking through these and seeing everything like I've never seen it before. But I gotta say, looking at them from the front they don't look as good as the sapphire iridium they replaced. But who cares, wow does the world look great through these. Prism Deep Water Polorized I highly recommend.
Now you need to try Maritime Prizm...:) a step up from DWP. (In some people’s eyes)

Now you need to try Maritime Prizm...:) a step up from DWP. (In some people’s eyes)

I’m with you on that. Just got sapphire Prizm pol from @Chris A Hardaway and IMO they are very similar to DWP to view through,however way more blue externally.

My favourite by a long shot is Prizm maritime though. Shame they aren’t so easy to come by. DWP and sapphire pol are my go to’s so I can save the maritime for special occasions.

Back