• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Deep Water or Sapphire Iridium

Cambam

Oakley Beginner
I have a pair of turbine with non polorized sapphire iridium lenses. Really don't like driving with them as they seem really dark to look through. Even darker then my other ruby red and black Iridium both polorized sunglasses I have. So I'm gonna replace my lenses with either prism deep water polorized or the regular sapphire iridium polorized lenses. I looked through my buddies twoface shades with the polorized sapphire iridium and I really liked them. Everything was way brighter then my non polorized sapphire iridium.........don't really no why as the light transmission has the same specs, so maybe things are just brighter because of being polorized. Anyone know which is better for driving? Deep water prism or sapphire iridium both polorized. Thx

So no problems driving........as I'm not into fishing at all. Like driving where everything looks great out the windshield and then if I want to see my stereo they are not too dark to see

So no problems driving........as I'm not into fishing at all. Like driving where everything looks great out the windshield and then if I want to see my stereo they are not too dark to see

You may find that with any polarised sunglasses you could have issues reading your stereo (or phone or loads of things with a screen) due to the polarisation making it go black or rainbow stress marks becoming apparent …
I use an iPad like a big GPS and find that at certain angles it goes almost black with DWP in my Juliets.

I have both lenses and IMO you can’t go wrong either way. Good choice with the DWP will love them for driving.

Latest Posts

Back