• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prism lenses causing sickness

Your symptoms sound an awfully lot like vertigo to me. That said, those lenses, and possibly twisted frames as pointed out by the others could definitely bring on a bout of vertigo, but don't listen to me cause I don't know squat....just ask my wife if you need confirmation on that....😉

Thank you so much for all your responses I've put in to return them I would try another pair but I'm wondering if those type of sunglasses with the new prism polarized are always going to cause a problem, my old sunglasses are polarized and I'm fine wearing those so it's definitely something with these new ones like you were saying either a defect in the lenses or something but either way they're going back.

Thank you so much for all your responses I've put in to return them I would try another pair but I'm wondering if those type of sunglasses with the new prism polarized are always going to cause a problem, my old sunglasses are polarized and I'm fine wearing those so it's definitely something with these new ones like you were saying either a defect in the lenses or something but either way they're going back.
Anything particularly different about the shape/curvature of your old sunglasses versus the new?

Anything particularly different about the shape/curvature of your old sunglasses versus the new?
Well the new ones are more just square and straight they have very little curvature to them and my old ones are the Oakley whiskers and they're kind of rounded to your face.

Hrm. If it's something you notice rather quickly. It might not hurt to try a different pair of the same ones in case luxottica/Oakley screwed up on the lens, versus your own eyes doing it with that specific flatter lens.

Easier to do if you got a vault, o store, or sgh that carries that model in store.

I love the clarity and contrast of prizm lenses but they made me really tired wearing them constantly. Symptoms resolved after I stopped wearing them for a while but that which resumed again after wearing them.

I love the clarity and contrast of prizm lenses but they made me really tired wearing them constantly. Symptoms resolved after I stopped wearing them for a while but that which resumed again after wearing them.
Which ones in particular were causing it?

I know some people for example can't wear blue-r tints for very long as it feels a little straining versus warmer or grey. And were most of them polarized on yours?

I just wish they still sold the gold iridium lenses those were what came in my original whisker frames before they discontinued them and I never had any problem with them then they re-released them after I don't know how many years cuz I see him back on their website and now they have the prism lenses.

I love my original whiskers like I said I've been wearing them over a decade and when they just continued them they said they didn't keep any stock of the lenses and that they were destroyed which I thought was stupid business practice when why would you take product worth money and destroy it just so that nobody could buy it? So I ended up getting third party replacements off of eBay that were a little smaller in thickness so they don't exactly fit the frames great but it's what I had available to me.

Back