• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prism lenses causing sickness

I just wish they still sold the gold iridium lenses those were what came in my original whisker frames before they discontinued them and I never had any problem with them then they re-released them after I don't know how many years cuz I see him back on their website and now they have the prism lenses.

I love my original whiskers like I said I've been wearing them over a decade and when they just continued them they said they didn't keep any stock of the lenses and that they were destroyed which I thought was stupid business practice when why would you take product worth money and destroy it just so that nobody could buy it? So I ended up getting third party replacements off of eBay that were a little smaller in thickness so they don't exactly fit the frames great but it's what I had available to me.
When you get the post count up (or go premium), you can actually solicit in the exchange portion of the forums that someone might have OEM 24K Iridium lenses for those, or can have someone cut them for you from donors.

Got the spins, instant headache that lasted two days (after ten minutes of wearing) with an aftermarket brand of lenses, so it is a thing.

Both me and @Tidezealot suffered this with the exact same pair.
Honestly I think a knockoff Oakley lens pair from Amazon ruined my eyesight and now I’m on prescription lenses. No trouble with previous lens or other pairs of Oakleys but after the wannabe emerald in my hijinx set, it was all downhill.

Honestly I think a knockoff Oakley lens pair from Amazon ruined my eyesight and now I’m on prescription lenses. No trouble with previous lens or other pairs of Oakleys but after the wannabe emerald in my hijinx set, it was all downhill.
unless you wear it 24/7 for years , i highly doubt a bad pair of sunglasses can permanently ruin a persons eyes.. so i would not worry about that......... it is most likely just due to ageing/ simple changes in vision.

Back