• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prism lenses causing sickness

I second (or third, etc.) the suggestion of going to the eye doctor. I've worn Prizms for hours on end, multiple days per week, with no issues, but vision is about as individual as you can get.

No jade...... it's just Prizm polarized shallow water

i know them, no issues, and you can see to the bottom of the sea with them 🦭🦈

but polarized is not for everyone.......😵💫

just go old-school,,,, classic iridum !! :cool:
Gotcha...Just curious, and maybe you know the answer. What's the difference between these two lenses other than the name designation because they look like the same thing to me:

vs the lenses in these:

Gotcha...Just curious, and maybe you know the answer. What's the difference between these two lenses other than the name designation because they look like the same thing to me:

vs the lenses in these:

Yes, from the outside they look very similar.

But from the inside they are different, jade has a cooler grey tint, and shallow water has a bronze tint when looking through them.

other forum members, would you agree?

Yes, from the outside they look very similar.

But from the inside they are different, jade has a cooler grey tint, and shallow water has a bronze tint when looking through them.

other forum members, would you agree?
yessir

my reaction isn't that severe but I try to avoid polarized lenses because of eye strain and headaches
I changed my PRIZM Ruby to PRIZM black polar and the first few days I had a terrible headache, but after those few days I guess my eyes got used to it and now it's great and I don't have any more problems

I changed my PRIZM Ruby to PRIZM black polar and the first few days I had a terrible headache, but after those few days I guess my eyes got used to it and now it's great and I don't have any more problems
Famous last words .......

from DRIVER JOE :car:

😄

:drinks:

I have just about every Oakley Prizm lense and wear a different one almost every day. I have noticed when I wear Prizm Field I get a headache. I have them in some 2.0 xl and Zero Blades. I hope it’s just coincidence. I don’t wear the Fields enough to know for sure. Only one way to find out for certain.

Prizm Lenses were an overall adjustment for my eyes as well. Jade and Black being the least agressive feel to my eyes. I wear Prizm Sapphire, Prizm Road, Prizm Jade and Prizm Maritime all the time down here in sunny Bama. Never had any major headaches or nausea from them. I dont wear the polarized versions very often, I like just the base Prizm personally and the polarized clashes with my motorcycle helmet visor UV design and that does cause me a headache if I wear polarized prizm lenses and have the visor down too

I hate having to be the one to state that which is obvious, but we all know that Oakley’s are as close to perfect as one could hope for. So clearly the fault here lies with you and your inferior eyeballs, might only be one of them, who knows or cares i say.
Have you tried using a spoon to pop your worrisome human defects out, throwing them away with your normal trash and never speaking of this travesty ever again?
No? Would you mind awfully… thanks. ;-)

Back