• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prism Ruby vs Deep Water

Order a couple pairs online with the lenses and then return them, both lenses are great but comparing them is like comparing a hammer and screwdriver, both are good just different. prizm deep water is really nice for bright sun (especially offshore in a bright blue environment) and prizm ruby is great for variable light and pops the greens, reds, and browns. I’d seriously try to find a way to get your hands on a lens before spending money for the Rx version.

Since you already have a Blue lens (Sapphire), add some contrast to the stable with a Red lens (Ruby). I assume it would be a modern Prizm Ruby, and not a “legacy” Ruby Iridium?

I’ve found that DWP has a nasty internal reflection when I wear them in my metals, perhaps you might have a different experience with your frame…

I’ve worn Rubies for 15+ years, always loved them, so I might be a bit biased….
A few Rubies pics for yah, with a DWP thrown in the mix as well :)

015BEE4D-76CA-47F1-A808-8593B42D48CA.jpeg

4939043F-7CCD-496C-806E-3BD392AA646F.jpeg

58A2FFDB-C4A5-44A1-B309-7894974424D7.jpeg

024EAB0D-F8CC-4686-9A71-F3F1D305B42B.jpeg

@TheDukeOfIce - Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, prizm ruby.

I just recieved a non-Rx version of Jade, Ruby and DW. Sadly, NE Ohio these last couple days - gray and snowy. Still, of the three, my initial gut is to go with Ruby. The Jade was definitely dull and boring. The DW didn't feel as ... I don't know how to say it, vibrant? Felt more gray with less pop.

I think I need actual sun to properly test. Not to mention, everything is dead and covered in snow. Still, even with these surroundings, I think I'm favoring the Ruby so far.

Hoping for some slightly better weather this week so I can decide and put in the Rx order.

Thanks

Sun is out today! So I'm kinda surprised.

The Deep Water feel more ... "rosey" and closer to a traditional sunglass lense; whereas, the ruby are more blue-like (similiar to my Sapphire). Woulda thought it would have been the other way around based on their color?

I think Sapphire is better than Ruby, but they're somewhat similiar. Not sure yet if this is what I should do, vs. getting something that's a different look/feel - but my gut says Ruby as I just liked the feel/look a bit better.

Back