• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm 24 K vs Prizm Violet lenses

Fables

I should Work at Oakley
Finland
I just noticed that Prizm violet iridium is now available in prescription. Last summer I got Prizm 24K prescription lenses for my daily sunglass pair and those immediately became my favorite Oakley lenses (beating out the previous favorite DWP). I was now planning to get the same Prizm 24K lenses for my driving sunglasses.

But I am curious how Prizm violet lenses would compare as they also seem to have amber/bronze base. I noticed that Prizm violet lenses have 13% VLT while Prizm 24K have 11% so in principle 24K is a bit darker lens. But I would appreciate if anyone has real life experience on both of these lenses and can tell how they compare in handing direct sunlight as well as low light conditions.

The Violet Iridium lenses were not great. Gave everything a sort of weird yellowish tint IIRC.

The Prizm Violet lenses are much better, more of a neutral tint. I don't think they would be my first choice in direct light, but they're certainly not bad. I've yet to find any mirrored lenses that are good for low light, the VLT is too low.

IMHO, while prizm violet is more universally "usable" than violet iridium, I find prizm violet just bleh.
It does not give more contrast or clarity, nor is block lots of glare.
IMHO tungsten prizm is a better all around choice at this darkness level

Back